• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Has anyone attended this Show, I am home for the month of June-July and would like to catch a show...

York Fairgrounds (Memorial Hall)
    334 Carlisle Ave York, PA 17404
    Held in the Memorial Hall

Thanks for any advice...

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Its one of my favorites. Always a big show but for some reason it seems to really vary from show to show. Some are MUCH bigger than others.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    15min away for me, and usually a decent show, beats most MD shows, and due to proximity, there are some MD dealers, and just about everyone is knowledgeable with MD law, and willing to help MD buyers purchase at the show, and transfer handguns via MD FFL. The big Harrisburg and Oaks shows are further, but usually have more stuff, and a few vendors the York show doesn't.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    15min away for me, and usually a decent show, beats most MD shows, and due to proximity, there are some MD dealers, and just about everyone is knowledgeable with MD law, and willing to help MD buyers purchase at the show, and transfer handguns via MD FFL. The big Harrisburg and Oaks shows are further, but usually have more stuff, and a few vendors the York show doesn't.

Most??:innocent0

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

was being kind:D

The one sore spot for the show is the general harassment to check firearms including CCW, the York show's door guy seems wound particularly too tight. Obviously concealed means concealed,(no force of law, and I carry anyway) and if it really bothered me I have the option to not go, The NRA outdoor show is the only one around that encourages lawful carry. Other gun shows have an area to check firearms being brought to the show, usually a polite "please check all loaded firearms here" on the way in, I understand you don't want idiots tossing loaded guns to potential buyers to finger, even get the insurance Nazi thing, but the jackass that stands out front of most York shows screaming at everyone is by far the worst.

James200319

Mar 3, 2016

Was just going to ask this question - I am from Maryland and I went to the one at Frederick Fairgrounds and found it rather... lackluster. There was some cool stuff, but didn't really seem "cool". If this one is worth it, I might come up for the day on the 25 to check it out.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    was being kind:D

The one sore spot for the show is the general harassment to check firearms including CCW, the York show's door guy seems wound particularly too tight. Obviously concealed means concealed,(no force of law, and I carry anyway) and if it really bothered me I have the option to not go, The NRA outdoor show is the only one around that encourages lawful carry. Other gun shows have an area to check firearms being brought to the show, usually a polite "please check all loaded firearms here" on the way in, I understand you don't want idiots tossing loaded guns to potential buyers to finger, even get the insurance Nazi thing, but the jackass that stands out front of most York shows screaming at everyone is by far the worst.

Which is why the vendor entrance is sooooooo much better, there's a valet and a concierge, a man to help carry in your bags and everything.

God save me if I have to use the entrance of the proles.

JK

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I've been to at least one of the York shows a year for the past 5 years or so. Always a decent show IMO but there seems to be an increasing percentage of beef jerky, purses, and Chinese knives/samurai swords/airsoft guns.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I've been to at least one of the York shows a year for the past 5 years or so. Always a decent show IMO but there seems to be an increasing percentage of beef jerky, purses, and Chinese knives/samurai swords/airsoft guns.

Sure you're not talking about the Parkville show? :D

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    So, York has a show once every 3 months. This summertime session was sparse last year. 2nd hall was barely half full. Still worth a drive if you've got nothing else better to do.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I think I am going to go this time, although I have sworn I would boycott them after abruptly cancelling the December show and not changing their website. I have a few items I may try to trade away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom