• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    Had a good time, but didn't buy a thing. Went mid-afternoon and according to Dennis A. Todd and Lee2, when I ran into him, it was VERY busy earlier in the day. Lots of good stuff, I'm just saving the money for that "special find". I'd definitely go again.

shooterhyde

Sep 9, 2013
    Picked up a NSR rail for a new build, as good a price as online. Was surprised to find one considering most places online are sold out.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Good show. Line was moving quickly at 930am. Great prices and cool vendors. I picked up some pmags and random AR parts. I was talking to a gentleman in line and someone was walking up and down the line asking about concealed carry for PA residents. I guess it's nice to live somewhere you don't need G&S reason for CC. It really makes me want to move.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I know when I go to these PA shows I avoid the handgun tables. Its just not even fair lol. I'm not sure about purchasing handguns for PA residents but I think I saw a guy pay for a revolver and walk out with it same day. I overheard him say that's what happens when you can purchase handguns in this state. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a C&R gun.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I thought it was a typically good York show. Didn't make any major purchases, but had no problems finding a dealer who would accept a C & R from a Md. resident.

I know when I go to these PA shows I avoid the handgun tables. Its just not even fair lol. I'm not sure about purchasing handguns for PA residents but I think I saw a guy pay for a revolver and walk out with it same day. I overheard him say that's what happens when you can purchase handguns in this state. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a C&R gun.

PA residents buy handguns the way MD serfs buys shotguns- ATF form 4473 and a NICS check- walk out 10 minutes later.
    America is great!!!

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Haha you win

please note, you are still under md laws as a md resident even though you are at a pa show. i had a couple of people ask to buy firearms they cant buy in md.
    if you do find a great deal on a handgun thats on the md roster, in pa, you can have it transfered thru a md dealer.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    0183e8a673affec01bf234c79f01c178.jpg

1 of 2 rooms

Ha! I can see my dad and me in this pic! That's kind of fun.

The show was pretty crowded when we were there in the morning. I'm guessing a lot of folks did not want to risk the weather tomorrow.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Ha! I can see my dad and me in this pic! That's kind of fun.

The show was pretty crowded when we were there in the morning. I'm guessing a lot of folks did not want to risk the weather tomorrow.

weather????:eek::shocked4:

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    please note, you are still under md laws as a md resident even though you are at a pa show. i had a couple of people ask to buy firearms they cant buy in md.
    if you do find a great deal on a handgun thats on the md roster, in pa, you can have it transfered thru a md dealer.

I get that 100% and thanks for the clarification. I mainly went up there to get some mags that we can't get in MD and I am building a free floating upper receiver. I'm very interested in class 3 items sbrs, suppressors, sbs but currently I don't have a trust setup. Need to do that asap

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    Drove up and was there just before they opened. My first PA show and found the powder I wanted and bought a few other things I wasn't looking for. LOL.
    It was a good show. Took a right when leaving and dropped in a local "inn" and got a really good cheeseburger. It is weird to go in a public place they still allow smoking.

Drove up and was there just before they opened. My first PA show and found the powder I wanted and bought a few other things I wasn't looking for. LOL.
    It was a good show. Took a right when leaving and dropped in a local "inn" and got a really good cheeseburger. It is weird to go in a public place they still allow smoking.

It has to do with the food to alcohol sales ratio (not sure of the %, but being open on Sunday has an opposite statute).
    Bars permit smoking- closed on Sundays.
    A "bar" that has food permits smoking- closed on Sundays.
    A "restaurant" that has booze does not allow smoking (TGIFriday, etc.)- open on Sunday, w/booze served.

I spent my first 28 years just outside Harrisburg. Buying a six pack on a Sunday was more time consuming than a handgun purchase.

tarbucket

May 3, 2011
    Harford County
    Showed up around 9:30 but the line moved quickly. I picked up some powder I was looking for and also found some 7.62x45 ammo for my VZ52 rifle at what I thought was a really good price of $7.50 a box. Picked up a bone for the pup and headed home.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I miss this one once again, had to work yesterday and the snow kills the rest of the my chances arghhh.
    I haven't been to the oaks show yet maybe I'll make sure to hit that one

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom