• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I got there around 11am and the parking lot was fuller then I thought it would be with the Oaks show going on and it being so close to the holidays. Once I got inside I went to the right side first as I had a buddy in that side that I was meeting up there. By the time I found him, he had already walked thru both rooms and I was just finishing the RH room. As stated previously there wasn't much to look at as both rooms had empty tables. I did find some 35 Remington ammo that I haven't seen in awhile and I needed some Glock 17 mags that I found after searching all over the show. One vendor had some well used ones for $20 each and as I was searching through his selection, I found one that was cracked the whole length of the back plate. I showed it to the vendor and he and his partner said it would still work and it was still $20! I walked away and found some new ones for $25 each which I still think was high but I needed them. One thing I did find interesting was a couple tables had signs up stating their whole operation was for sale, everything on the tables-lock, stock & trailer! I also got some peanut butter fudge from the lady as you enter the building! No pickles for me......

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Oh, also on the way home I stopped in Frederick Dicks and got a 222 pack of Winchester 22LR for $15. They had 20-30 boxes on the shelf.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I got there around 11am and the parking lot was fuller then I thought it would be with the Oaks show going on and it being so close to the holidays. Once I got inside I went to the right side first as I had a buddy in that side that I was meeting up there. By the time I found him, he had already walked thru both rooms and I was just finishing the RH room. As stated previously there wasn't much to look at as both rooms had empty tables. I did find some 35 Remington ammo that I haven't seen in awhile and I needed some Glock 17 mags that I found after searching all over the show. One vendor had some well used ones for $20 each and as I was searching through his selection, I found one that was cracked the whole length of the back plate. I showed it to the vendor and he and his partner said it would still work and it was still $20! I walked away and found some new ones for $25 each which I still think was high but I needed them. One thing I did find interesting was a couple tables had signs up stating their whole operation was for sale, everything on the tables-lock, stock & trailer! I also got some peanut butter fudge from the lady as you enter the building! No pickles for me......

New Glock mags at $25.00 each IS a pretty good deal, especially for retail as they normally retail for $30.00 to $35.00 each.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I went to York once earlier this year - frankly, Frederick was a better show.

Even HoCo had more interesting things to look at and ogle over.

I'll get to Oaks at some point, but from central HoCo, its a bit of a drive.

Glad I didn't make the drive to York this morning.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    New Glock mags at $25.00 each IS a pretty good deal, especially for retail as they normally retail for $30.00 to $35.00 each.

I hadn't done any research on them but I knew I needed some for the G17 that I purchased from you. I think now I got a good deal on the 2 that I got as they both look new but wasn't in any kind of packaging.

This was the worst York show that I've ever been to , there wasn't a single fde magpul mag to be found , one guy had two acs 9mm ar mags for $25 each , jg sales has for $12.99 this guy wants double price , what a dick .. I was told there was a big show up by Pottsville and that where most of the good vendors were this weekend ...

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I hadn't done any research on them but I knew I needed some for the G17 that I purchased from you. I think now I got a good deal on the 2 that I got as they both look new but wasn't in any kind of packaging.

$25.00 for a new GeeeLock 17 mag is a good deal. I gladly paid a vendor $25.00 per GeeeLock 17 mag last August 31st at the Gettysburgh show for about 10 of them. I know as a dealer that I can get them at about $21.00 shipped but what the hell, support others that aren't trying to fuggin' rape people.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    she and I were there......... HUGE bummer and a waste of 13 bucks to get us both in. JUNK guns, ammo was over priced cept one guy has 7.62X39 for 22 cants a pop but since I didn't need it. Bricks of 22 for 60 bucks.... shove that....

I wonder why? :innocent0

RT468

Feb 19, 2009
    Catonsville Md
    I was there about 1ish. Didn't see you or Black Bart. Black and white flannel with a camo baseball cap.

I've been there and seen the place a lot more packed than it was this time. There was a lot of empty space.

Thinking I got there 1:30-2ish.Did a once through,talked to Lee2 for a couple minutes and headed out.Was thoroughly disappointed by this show.Left York and headed back through Gettysburg had lunch and a couple drinks and went back home empty handed.Other than a few gifts from the Outlets.

YFallston

Aug 24, 2013
    Hazard County
    Went this morning and was really disappointed with the number of quality vendors. If you went looking for cheap Chinese made junk this was your spot. At least I found $10 magpul magazines.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    This was the first show I went to in a while, so I didn't know what to expect. I saw p mags for $10, but by the time I went back they were gone. Didn't see new glock mags.

What is the next good out of state show? I'm in AA Co so VA or PA is okay for a drive.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Went to the eagle-arms show Sunday 1500 tables and not 1 VZ58 bayonet to be found did find a guy with a few mags for $20 so not a total bust.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    so, Chantilly is worth going to?

Generally prefer York as there is more haggling room and parking isn't a cluster-f.

But I have done very well at Chantilly, more wallets, at and beef jerky every year but a good show to browse the lastest and greatest.

Don't expect many flaming deals and there are a lot of dealers who won sell to Marylanders. I have found a few good things but takes some hunting and hard haggling (and knowing which dealers will budge and which to not bother to save time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom