• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    You are correct as most prefer a red dot Glock or a CORE M&P. I used to shoot a Sig P229 Sport with a slide mounted red dot and comped extension on the barrel about 3-4 years ago before selling it to get an STI for USPSA. I think the biggest issue in 3-gun pistols is holster safety. Not too many of the racegun holsters for STIs handle flopping on the ground as well as the fuller coverage holsters most of the striker-fired guns normally use.

Personally, I usually run an iron sighted STI Edge in .40, restrained by Bladetech.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Stage diagrams were sent to team captains for distribution to their team members on 3-25-14.

For some reason I never get the emails. It could have something to do with the fact that even at its best my handwriting looks like the death throws of a morphine addled rooster.....

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    Anyone come up with an approx round count?

Depending on how they are shot.
    Stage 1> 3-15 birdshot and 2-17 rifle for each shooter
    Stage 2> 8-16 pistol and 8-16 rifle for each shooter
    Stage 3> 12 rifle for each shooter and 27 birdshot total
    Stage 4> 6-12 pistol and 6 birdshot for each shooter
    Stage 5> 15 birdshot for each shooter
    Stage 6> 16-32 rifle, 16 pistol, and 16 birdshot
    Stage 7> 32 birdshot total

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Personally, I usually run an iron sighted STI Edge in .40, restrained by Bladetech.
    Normally I use either an iron sighted Bul M-5 in 9x23 or another M-5 in 9mm (Tac Ops). Unlike an STI you can use the same mags unmodified reliably for both rounds without any spacers. But for shooting in Open I prefer something with a C-more on it just because I am used to it.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    For some reason I never get the emails. It could have something to do with the fact that even at its best my handwriting looks like the death throws of a morphine addled rooster.....

You might wish to email Match Director Howard, and verify your teams existence......hkbrt@verizon.net

g

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    This was my first three man three gun event and it was very addictive. Not the greatest score but at least we didn't DQ and had lots of fun.
    Thanks to the organizers and the ROs that were very patient with new people.

7A38

Sep 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    It was a great match! Thank you for putting it together.

Some of the highlights were the long range rifle stage where you had to shoot your teammate's rifles, and the stage where you flipped over a card, got a color, and had to shoot only those color targets, tag your teammate, and repeat. Unfortunately it seemed like almost every team ran out of time on the card color stage.

Also, it looked like there was a team of young guys from the University of Maryland Rifle and Pistol Club (?). That was impressive and great to see.

On a related matter, will there be monthly 3 gun/multi gun matches at York IWLA this year, like there were last year? I see the multi gun match schedule has not been updated since the end of last year. So are you only planning to do a few big 3 gun matches this year, and the rest just Fun Shoots?

7A38

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md

Some of the highlights were the long range rifle stage where you had to shoot your teammate's rifles, and the stage where you flipped over a card, got a color, and had to shoot only those color targets, tag your teammate, and repeat. Unfortunately it seemed like almost every team ran out of time on the card color stage.

Also, it looked like there was a team of young guys from the University of Maryland Rifle and Pistol Club (?). That was impressive and great to see.

On a related matter, will there be monthly 3 gun/multi gun matches at York IWLA this year, like there were last year? I see the multi gun match schedule has not been updated since the end of last year. So are you only planning to do a few big 3 gun matches this year, and the rest just Fun Shoots?

7A38

Go to http://yorkpistol.blogspot.com and scroll through the blogs. There is a schedule of events in there.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA

7A38

Yeah, our UMD team was out there. They told me they placed first in the limited division and had a great time. This was actually their first match after forming the team within the club and they trained very hard. They'll be posting pictures here shortly.

pasayan73

May 31, 2009
    laurel, md
    looking at the match results yep, the UMD placed first in the limited division bcuz their were only two teams in the limited listed.:):) I assume they were wearing Maryland shirts and camo pants.

pasayan73

May 31, 2009
    laurel, md
    Thank you Howard, the match director for the event. As always it was a fun event. Thank you for the ROs, spotter at the long range stage, the ladies who prepared the food, members of the club for welcoming shooters like us. Looking forward for the next event.

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.

7A38

All of the monthly action matches and fun shoots are multi-gun with a possible few exceptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom