• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Similar to Machodoc's, here is the C&R cound book I have been using for a while. Absolutely nothing wrong with any of the others, I just stated using this one when I first got my C&R, so i just continue using it. I dont like change... :D

Attachments

• Bound_Book.pdf
      37.2 KB · Views: 1,123

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Thats the same one I'm using, but, it was shot down by the ATF durign an audit of a member here. They want a single line per item. They said that format was not acceptable. That was the gist of the thread, just repeatign it here. If you ever get flagged for an audit, you may want to update your bound book pages first... FYI

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    this is the same one i use, and its the same one that surplusrifleforum.com has recommended for years, probably thousands of people using it, including a few that have been audited.

i wouldnt worry too much about the exact configuration of the lines, as much as just making sure all the info is there and correct.

if, in the long chance that one day you get audited and they dont like it, they wont give you 20 lashes at dawn or throw you in the dungeon they will simply ask you to change the format.

if you keep digital copies of your bound book, copying and pasting the info onto a new set of pages would be a quick fix anyway.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I actually like this format better than what I posted, but when I was doing research before putting mine together I found a couple of places where it was mentioned that BATFE had shot down some guys on audits for the wrong format.

My forms follow BATFE guidelines specifically, even though that makes it a bit harder to enter the data neatly (especially if you hand-write it, rather than filling in an Excel form, then printing the sheet).

I think it depends upon who you get inspecting your book in an audit. When I was in college I had a part-time job processing import/export orders through US Customs. Those guys, nice as they were, were very literal. I even had to go out and buy a particular pen, so that I'd be sure to always have black ink and a fine enough point to be able to legibly put a bunch of data into boxes that were always too small.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I printed out 10 pages yesterday (and just filled 5) :D

The way I'm reading it, this page will suffice.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    This topic has been discussed and discussed. You guys can use what you want, however that format is NOT COLUMNAR. If you are ever audited you may find yourself rewriting every page of your book in the BATFE approved columnar format.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Wow, I really like this one. Is it okay to use or not?

Yellowsled said:
    go for it, i use it

It's the one I'm currently using as well.

Chaunsey said:
    if, in the long chance that one day you get audited and they dont like it, they wont give you 20 lashes at dawn or throw you in the dungeon they will simply ask you to change the format.

this is the same one i use, and its the same one that surplusrifleforum.com has recommended for years, probably thousands of people using it, including a few that have been audited.

I think that's the point. I'm using this format. I started with it almost 6 years ago and after using it for a few years before finding out it isn't accepted, I haven't bothered to redo my bound book, I continue to use it. That said, yes, people are using it, some have been audited and those have been told it's not acceptable and they need to redo their bound books.

Are they going to take away your C&R over it? No. Not even close. They will make you rewrite it in an approved format, though.

Personally, I will continue to use it. If I ever get contacted for an audit, I will redo my bound book in an appropriate format before the meeting, as I'd have to do it anyway.

If you aren't currently using this format, use what you like. But ultimately, you should know that you may end up having to redo it all if you're audited. So why you'd start with this format knowing that, I don't know... But if you like it, do what makes you happy.:thumbsup:

G

George

Is a 3 ring binder ok or is it supposed to be bound(like a hard back)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom