• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Just watched US Olympic women's skeet shooter Kim Rhode (pronounced Row-dee) win the gold medal on MSNBC. Surprised the hell out of me it was even on.

Not only the gold, but tied the world record and becomes the only US Olympian to win 5 medals in 5 consecutive Olympics! A great day for the shooting sports! Can't believe I stumbled on it and got to watch the final round.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Just watched US Olympic women's skeet shooter Kim Rhode (pronounced Row-dee) win the gold medal on MSNBC. Surprised the hell out of me it was even on.

Not only the gold, but tied the world record and becomes the only US Olympian to win 5 medals in 5 consecutive Olympics! A great day for the shooting sports! Can't believe I stumbled on it and got to watch the final round.

Sorry I missed that. Much more fun to watch than the 50 meter freestyle....

trap

Sep 26, 2010
    Germantown

i missed that one also.

did they show the whole event? i wish they did like they do with other sports.

women's cycling has been ongoing for hours now.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    i missed that one also.

did they show the whole event? i wish they did like they do with other sports.

women's cycling has been ongoing for hours now.

They showed the whole last round of the finals (Last 25 targets). I got up this morning and when I turned it on they were showing men's handball - which I thought was pretty cool. I'm getting ready to shut the TV off when announcer says, " After the break we'll turn to women's skeet where Kim Rhode will be shooting for gold..."

Needless to say, I left the TV on. You may be able to find it somewhere on the web and watch. Not sure. But if you've never seen international skeet, it's really something. Very tough.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    surprised, they even had a short recap on NBC showing her. said she was the only one who has gotten 99/100 targets.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Absolutely great for her!

Don't forget to check out the roster for the entire 2012 USA Shooting team - plenty of talent representing.

http://www.usashooting.org/

http://www.usashooting.org/library/Olympic/Shotgun.pdf

Kimberly-Rhodes-Olympic-Gold-courtesy-Nydailynews.jpg

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Good for you for getting to see it and good for Kim for getting the gold!

All I got last night was a still shot of her with her shotgun, then of her standing on the podium mouthing the words to the National Anthem.

sbowers

Jun 15, 2012
    They showed the whole last round of the finals (Last 25 targets). I got up this morning and when I turned it on they were showing men's handball - which I thought was pretty cool. I'm getting ready to shut the TV off when announcer says, " After the break we'll turn to women's skeet where Kim Rhode will be shooting for gold..."

Needless to say, I left the TV on. You may be able to find it somewhere on the web and watch. Not sure. But if you've never seen international skeet, it's really something. Very tough.

I watched about an hour of Dressage trying to catch the Skeet final and all they showed was her break the last target. Guess I was on the wrong channel.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Of course, the US Shooting Team got ambushed with questions from the press about the Aurora shooting when they got to London. I thought Kim Rhode gave a great response. Class act! And...she's competing in the Women's Trap event which starts on Saturday. Go Kim!

Rhode.jpg

"We knew we were going to get asked questions on this... our event as a sport is completely different from an isolated incident as that," the 33-year-old told reporters at Olympic Park on Thursday.

"That young man was obviously very disturbed and it is very upsetting for us. Unfortunately the sad thing is our sport is very generalized and that's a mistake that is made very often that the lines get blurred with news and what is going on."

"The sport actually teaches responsibility, discipline, focus, respect, things about the outdoors, and that is obviously what our job is here at the Olympics. Teaching kids, youths and families about that, so it's two very separate things in my opinion and very sad that we get generalized into that." ~ Kim Rhode

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Of course, the US Shooting Team got ambushed with questions from the press about the Aurora shooting when they got to London. I thought Kim Rhode gave a great response. Class act! And...she's competing in the Women's Trap event which starts on Saturday. Go Kim!

Rhode.jpg

"We knew we were going to get asked questions on this... our event as a sport is completely different from an isolated incident as that," the 33-year-old told reporters at Olympic Park on Thursday.

"That young man was obviously very disturbed and it is very upsetting for us. Unfortunately the sad thing is our sport is very generalized and that's a mistake that is made very often that the lines get blurred with news and what is going on."

"The sport actually teaches responsibility, discipline, focus, respect, things about the outdoors, and that is obviously what our job is here at the Olympics. Teaching kids, youths and families about that, so it's two very separate things in my opinion and very sad that we get generalized into that." ~ Kim Rhode

That is a great statment!! Ms. Rhode is a treasure to the shooting sports and a roll modle for the youth of america.
    I could not agree with her more.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    Awsome thanks for posting. One more for the US teams! I have watched more this olympics more than any other and I find it exciting. Even the swimming and boating events. I get great pleasure seeing our American men and women dominate, especially when we beat China.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom