• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    Just installed my third Powder River Precision XDm trigger kit. This is their Ultimate Match kit which includes a new sear, sear spring, trigger spring, safety lever and also a new trigger with built in overtravel stop.

Having done it twice before on some of my other XDm's, this one went really smooth. There is some fitting involved in both the sear installation and the overtravel stop. Other than that it's a pretty easy install, but you have to be comfortable detail stripping your XDm.

Kit reduces the amount of pretravel by probably 50% and shortens up the reset. Also, depending on how precise you are with the overtravel fitmet, you can decrease overtravel to basically zero. Haven't tested this one yet as I just finished it, but one of the other kits yielded a trigger pull of just under 3.5 lbs. Not bad for a poly framed striker fired gun.

This one went on a XDm 5.25. Have them also on a 3.8 and the original 4.5.

The other major brand out there is Springer Precision which I have not tried and probably will not as I am very satisfied with the Powder River kit.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Heard the powder river precision triggers are nice. Was going to put one on my XDm but I decided to build an AR instead.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    +1 for Powder River Precision kits! Turned a mushy XD trigger into something much more polished. Reduced take up and over travel, and made a tremendous improvement in smoothness. Next purchase will be the ultimate match kit for my XD/m. :thumbsup:

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    That's the one I just installed on the 5.25, I think it's called the Ultimate Match.

Went to the range this morning and tried out the 5.25 with the trigger job. It was already a good gun to start with, but the new trigger makes it even better.

Generic_human

Lurker
    Jun 20, 2011
    Maryland
    I've been thinking about getting a trigger upgrade for my XD45, but I've never done one before... does it have to be installed by a smith, or do you think I could do it myself?

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    I've been thinking about getting a trigger upgrade for my XD45, but I've never done one before... does it have to be installed by a smith, or do you think I could do it myself?

A lot of the XDm's trigger job depends on your confidence in detail stripping and reassembling the gun. My advice would always be take it to a smith unless you are 100% confident in your abilities. I do however really like the Powder River kit and a smith would be able to install in very easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom