• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    When I left MSAR the other day, I made a point of checking my 6 several times on the way home. Was thinking about these incidents.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Another reason I like shooting at Freestate, even though On Target is much closer. It's nearly impossible to not notice someone follow you from there.

I hate to rain on your parade, but I've been followed home from Freestate.

EDIT: Several times. I didn't go home after I realized I had a tail, but yeah.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    Yes,the thief is the criminal but i always wonder if the victim left a Gun in the trunk would they leave their purse/ wallet in the trunk?

If MD had an ass-backward law requiring us to leave our wallets in the car, we all would.

It's impossible to prove, but it's at least possible that this firearm would not have been stolen if MD would rejoin America and pass shall issue.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The great thing about Hap Baker: if you suspect someone is following you from the range, there's a MSP barracks a mile up the road that you can pull into. That ought to "discourage" any BG's.

Samadams104

Feb 6, 2013
    ELDERSBURG MD
    You should always be aware of your surroundings. Most people who are going to break into your car are not going to pop the trunk and look around. They are going to reach in a grab what they can. She prob said it was in her trunk to try to stay somewhat within the laws. We live in a world full of bad people. We live in a state that gives the bad people a better advantage. As long as criminals know we can not protect our-self, they will take what ever they can.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    The great thing about Hap Baker: if you suspect someone is following you from the range, there's a MSP barracks a mile up the road that you can pull into. That ought to "discourage" any BG's.

If I suspect I am being tailed from the range, I plan to phone it in and hopefully get them pulled over with a car full of burglary tools.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville

There's no f-ing way I'm going to pull into a MSP barracks parking lot with a car full of guns. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that could be misinterpreted by the Stasi.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I'm wondering if she didn't have a purse that day.

Lots of smash&grabs start when the bad-guys see a woman leave her car without a purse. They assume she left it in the car somewhere and will break into the car anyway. In this particular case, the bad-guys got a gun. And the bad-guys, not finding a purse in the passenger compartment, perhaps assumed it was in the trunk...

Vigilance is the word with a plan of action...

gswayne

Left Maryland, Freedom
    Nov 9, 2011
    I'm wondering if she didn't have a purse that day.

Lots of smash&grabs start when the bad-guys see a woman leave her car without a purse. They assume she left it in the car somewhere and will break into the car anyway. In this particular case, the bad-guys got a gun. And the bad-guys, not finding a purse in the passenger compartment, perhaps assumed it was in the trunk...

Vigilance is the word with a plan of action...

Problem is that the car was an Infinity FX35 which is an SUV so no trunk. Hopefully it was not open to view (even in a case) so that someone "window shopping" would be alerted to the fact there was a gun in the car. I have seen some folks that don't even take the basic precautions where SUVs are concerned.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I have seen some folks that don't even take the basic precautions where SUVs are concerned.

Gun in case, turned upside down (so no firearms logo shows), with something over top of it like a jacket or bag of trash, sitting on the floor is how I normally do it.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Clearly a pattern of crime here in Maryland: follow gun owner leaving shooting range, steal gun if he/she stops somewhere. Wasn't long ago (a month?) we read here another very similar story, firearm also in the trunk if I'm not mistaken.

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    You are allowed to carry a holstered gun in md if on the way from a shooting range. Gun must be unloaded. Am I right? Do people do this?

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Wow, I guess I better make sure nobody follows me home from On Target. But, the woman should KNOW that she cannot transport a gun anywhere else besides the range and back or a gunsmith and back.

We all keep saying that, but quite frankly that attitude is completely wrong in its own right. It's this stupid state that is screwed up, not this lady. Honestly, if I wasn't a member of this forum I wouldn't know about that contention in the law, and I probably wouldn't have known a thing about HB281. Hell, coming from Texas I was shocked to learn about the "7 day" wait for certain rifles and pistols and even more shocked about the whole handgun roster ********.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    It was some beat up SUV. Maybe a GMC Jimmy? It was almost two years ago. I'm lucky I can remember that it was an SUV, lol.

Thanks...

We all need to watch our. 6 and for that matter the 6 of everyone else....

I do pull a loop back when leaving a range....

Go out. Find first u turn double back.... repeat as needed ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom