• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Anyone here submit a Wynne tax refund and gotten it yet?

I'm 3 weeks in and received my 8-12weeks processing letter, but I'm pessimistic that something will be found wrong with my amended forms.

(I've got my eye on a sweet 357sig carbine among other items that I figure will be the ultimate FU to Marylandstan after screwing me on taxes for the past 35 years)

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Been paying the extra tax since early 90's. I can only imagine the total over the last 25 years. I wasn't aware of the lawsuit, and so I can only go back 3 years and have to file amended returns which is a pain in the ass and screws everything up. Haven't decided whether I am going to do it yet.

Last week, even though my tax software calculated no interest penalty was due for 2014 taxes, Franchot had the nerve to send me a bill for $40 in interest for late estimated payments. You would think they would just take it off my credit balance from the last $25 years and call it a day! :mad54:

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    How do you file for this? I was under the impression the state was going to figure it out and send you money. I know insane on my part which is why I figured I'd never see anything on this.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Thanks for the link, I just saw the press conference on the news tonight.

Today marks 11 weeks since I mailed mine, and 10 weeks since I received my ack letters saying processing would take 8-12 weeks.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I finally called and waiting on hold for 30min to be told they are "swamped" with Wynne submissions. :(

Mine is now in it's 13th week and they told me they are taking 16-18weeks to process.

As with most things Maryland, they'll drag it out until the last possible moment.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    2 of 3 checks received today in the mail, 15 weeks to the day of receiving my acknowledgement letters.. Time for some shopping..

The one thing that pisses me off is there was no interest. I'm 100% sure if I owed them for three years I'd have a boatload of interest to pay..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom