• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Anything you put in a hammock and lay on will compress and give little to no insulation factor,, They is why we run under quilts that attach to the underside of the hammock,, like a big "pamper diaper". I have underquilts from 50 deg to 30 deg rating. My son ran with a single 0 deg under quilt,, I ran a 40 deg and 30 deg doubled up.
    Many guys are going down to neg 20-30 in hammocks,, I am drawing the line at 0 deg.
    That makes a lot of sense. My hammock camping has been limited to borrowing a buddies years ago a couple of times in the fall.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Regarding compression of underhammocks…how would a good (@ old school) ensolite pad work for under the hammock? In addition to the under wrap is what I have in mind.
    I used a pad for a year, before sewing up my Under Quilts.
    In the end,, they don't really work all that good.
    What makes a hammock so comfortable is you are laying in it free of anything else,, move around to get your perfect diagonal and flat lay. I start the night on my back, laying completely flat on a diagonal. I switch up to this side, that side, etc.
    Having nothing between you and the hammock material makes it a very comfortable lay.

The pad moves around, shifts, getting it back under you is a gymnasts maneuver, Like most, I ditched the pad after 1 season. UQ is that way to go.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I used a pad for a year, before sewing up my Under Quilts.
    In the end,, they don't really work all that good.
    What makes a hammock so comfortable is you are laying in it free of anything else,, move around to get your perfect diagonal and flat lay. I start the night on my back, laying completely flat on a diagonal. I switch up to this side, that side, etc.
    Having nothing between you and the hammock material makes it a very comfortable lay.

The pad moves around, shifts, getting it back under you is a gymnasts maneuver, Like most, I ditched the pad after 1 season. UQ is that way to go.
    Aye aye

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom