• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Nice.

I thought their legislature was not going to be in session after the veto and thus unable to override the veto until the next.

Did they hold a special session or did I misunderstand that.

And, oh, yeah, WV moves up my list of potential next homes.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Nice.

I thought their legislature was not going to be in session after the veto and thus unable to override the veto until the next.

Did they hold a special session or did I misunderstand that.

And, oh, yeah, WV moves up my list of potential next homes.

It's in sessions till March 15. This was passed and vetoed last year, but without time to override.

This year is was passed early in anticipation of another veto. Plenty of time to get it in before session ended.

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    I am completing my CCW course in May that I paid for already so that I can carry in reciprocating states. Plus I want to learn some of the laws regarding where I can carry. I know there are rules that apply to courthouses, federal properties and schools. I figure that is good to know.

Be very, very careful as there are a lot of "instructors" who have a very poor understanding of the law themselves. Where are you located in WV? (PM if you want)

hopefully WV will be seeing a little more of this in the future:

Already, 1:8 of us have our CHLs... so in general it's already not a good idea. Still happens, sadly.

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia

Attachments

• 12801412_10153976733689805_1175998406984525362_n.jpg
      12801412_10153976733689805_1175998406984525362_n.jpg
      52.9 KB · Views: 492

ih23

Dec 13, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The WV Legislature over-rode the Governor's veto and Permit-less carry is authorized May 24th.

Will it cover nonresidents?

Yes it does.

Good for them...........whats in it for us?

A great place to move to.

...And, oh, yeah, WV moves up my list of potential next homes.

:party29::party29::party29:

I can hear the rumbles of the next great migration west... Saddle your horses, gather your women, we leave at noon day people. Lol

Praise God, it will be like the wild west. The streets will run with the red, white and blue. I feel like a kid on Christmas day again.

Fixed that for you.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

I spent my weekends in WV, as I was growing up. That song screams to me in ways that most will never believe, nor understand. It is a reminder of the siren that is trying to get me to come back to her, one more time, so that I do not leave. One day, I will shut the siren up, when I am finally back where I belong.

Even though I am a native Marylander, I do not belong here. Long live WV. I'm going home.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Don't worry, we won't hold that against you! :innocent0

I didn't think you could, since all of my experiences with hunting, fishing, and camping were from living in WV on the weekends, as I was growing up. :D

What part of the state are you in? I ask, because if it is anywhere near where I call "home", I'd like to buy you a beer for all the work you put in getting ConCarry passed.

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    I didn't think you could, since all of my experiences with hunting, fishing, and camping were from living in WV on the weekends, as I was growing up. :D

What part of the state are you in? I ask, because if it is anywhere near where I call "home", I'd like to buy you a beer for all the work you put in getting ConCarry passed.

I'm a hot mess... I'm originally from the north central part of the state, now on the western border along the Ohio. You?

Unless they pick up the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean and stick it in West Virginia there is no chance I will ever move there, but I'm glad they have some common sense over there unlike the "Free State"

Funny you should say that... when the WV Constitution was written, nobody was really sure what our borders would be since we were in the middle of the Civil War. We have an annexation clause. We have guns. Just sayin.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I'm a hot mess... I'm originally from the north central part of the state, now on the western border along the Ohio. You?

Funny you should say that... when the WV Constitution was written, nobody was really sure what our borders would be since we were in the middle of the Civil War. We have an annexation clause. We have guns. Just sayin.
    I'm along the 522 N/S corridor. Closer to the VA line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom