• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    "It is extremely disturbing to find such a lethal arsenal of this magnitude in a residential community," Brown said. "Alone, the amount of gunpowder discovered was capable of igniting and causing significant damage to not only the defendant's apartment but to neighboring apartments and the building's exterior walls, as well as injuring or killing anyone unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity.

All told, cops seized: 14 licensed handguns, which were not properly secured in a safe; two loaded licensed shotguns; one licensed rifle; approximately 45,000 rounds of ammunition for multiple weapons; two Kevlar body armor vests; and six Kevlar armor plates."

Oy veh...

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    Hmmmm

The arsenal was discovered when officers conducted an administrative pistol licensee review at Shou's home Monday.

All told, cops seized: 14 licensed handguns, which were not properly secured in a safe; two loaded licensed shotguns; one licensed rifle; approximately 45,000 rounds of ammunition for multiple weapons; two Kevlar body armor vests; and six Kevlar armor plates.

Sickening.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    This outta be required reading for anyone here that didn't fully get and appreciate Ted Cruz's "New York values" comment in the recent debate....

...and for anyone interested: the Dems're debating on PBS now.

breimer273

Jul 25, 2013
    SOMD
    Something tells me its not legal to be in possession of 225lbs of gunpowder in NYC. You can't even have that much in MD. Doesn't mean its right, but he's still breaking the law...

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Something tells me its not legal to be in possession of 225lbs of gunpowder in NYC. You can't even have that much in MD. Doesn't mean its right, but he's still breaking the law...

And even if it were legal, it doesn't seem to be very prudent. I darn sure wouldn't want anybody living in my apartment building with that much powder. Don't really care much about the guns or ammo. As long as he was willing to share. :innocent0

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    My grandma has an arsenal of thimbles. And she doesn't even sew. That's suspicious. She's even got the displayed behind her couch under glass, for easy access.

WTH is this: "administrative pistol licensee review". Does that mean NY officials can inspect your guns at will? Where does illegal search and seizure figure into this?

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    And even if it were legal, it doesn't seem to be very prudent. I darn sure wouldn't want anybody living in my apartment building with that much powder. Don't really care much about the guns or ammo. As long as he was willing to share. :innocent0

Why would you be concerned with the powder?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Its possible that he was scarfing up and then scalping reloading powder or possibly reloading ammo then selling it. There are SOOO many illegal businesses in NYC. HIs was just "unique"

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Guo Shou, 33, of Rego Park, had 225 pounds of gunpowder, tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition, bullet-making equipment, assault rifles and several bullet proof vests, according to Queens District Attorney Richard Brown.

All told, cops seized: 14 licensed handguns, which were not properly secured in a safe; two loaded licensed shotguns; one licensed rifle; approximately 45,000 rounds of ammunition for multiple weapons; two Kevlar body armor vests; and six Kevlar armor plates.

:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom