• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    There haven't been any M&P 9mm magazines on the market since January. How is that even possible? I get having a delay because of the madness earlier this year, but 7 months? Really?

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    There haven't been any M&P 9mm magazines on the market since January. How is that even possible? I get having a delay because of the madness earlier this year, but 7 months? Really?

*****Have you been trying to order online or have you checked with any of the local IP's? I am pretty sure I saw at least one or two 9mm M&P mags at Engage in Rockville as well as Atlantic Guns (not an IP) in Rockville relatively recently. Of course in this market stuff just flies off the shelf so who knows if they still have them. Maybe give them a call and see if they can hold one for you if it is still there. Also, Constitutional Firearms (an IP) had numerous M&P pistols in stock last time I was there so they may have a few mags available too though they don't normally have any mags out in the open as it is a small shop packed with guns - more space for the guns...:)

Good luck.

D3V1L

Dec 26, 2012
    Elkridge
    They could still be filling out backorders. Try calling S&W dirrectly, I know hte 15-22 mags were always oos on their website but they would let you back order if you call them directly.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD

They have been popping up every now and then!!

Quantico Tactical had them available at their Woodbridge store, MSAR Range has them (but pricey) and I recalled about two months ago Midway had them in stock limit one......

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Went through the same thing with Ruger SR9 17 rd mags for months.

I put myself on multiple "waiting lists". Finally got them about a month(?) ago.

If nothing else, all this "out of stock" on EVERYTHING gun related has been teaching me a huge lesson in patience.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    Went through the same thing with Ruger SR9 17 rd mags for months.

I put myself on multiple "waiting lists". Finally got them about a month(?) ago.

If nothing else, all this "out of stock" on EVERYTHING gun related has been teaching me a huge lesson in patience

Yeah...but it ASAP and don't wait. :lol2:

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Not sure how helpful this will be, but call On Target in Severn and ask them. Last time I was in there they had a good bit of pistol mags on the shelf. Not sure what brand or model cause I didn't need any so I didn't pay attention. Worth a look though.

www.ontarget.biz

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    Thanks for the ideas.

These thing should be available everywhere by now. I've had some backordered with Midway since January.

It still just seems strange to me that a huge company like S&W can't get their production back in order. Especially for such a popular weapon line.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    Thanks for the ideas.

These thing should be available everywhere by now. I've had some backordered with Midway since January.

It still just seems strange to me that a huge company like S&W can't get their production back in order. Especially for such a popular weapon line.

Been doing the samething for my MP .40. called every gunshop within a reasonable distance so that's why I put an add up on here. I love the MP an that's why I bought it but I almost feel like I shoulda went and got the Ruger sr40 now, ive been able to find mags for it....I think the MP is a better pistol overall but im still a Ruger lover in this case maybe I shoulda went the fan boy route. :sad20:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I've had three on order from Cabelas for 7 months. They are telling me the end of July. The ship date has been moved back 4 times now.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010

Go to the Smith&Wesson forum, the for sale section often has M&P Mag's for sale.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Not sure how helpful this will be, but call On Target in Severn and ask them. Last time I was in there they had a good bit of pistol mags on the shelf. Not sure what brand or model cause I didn't need any so I didn't pay attention. Worth a look though.

www.ontarget.biz

On Target definitely does NOT have them, I asked last week for a friend who has been trying to find some. 2A Sales has a few 10 rounders hanging on the wall.

Rumor has it that S&W is having a spring supply issue and that the recent supply they have received has gone to supply mags for the guns waiting to go out for delivery.

Hatter

NEWB - Slack Appreciated!
    Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    I ordered two aftermarket ones from Tactical Vantage, they are from Pro-Mag. Just picked them up yesterday, haven't had a chance to try them, the reviews on the SW boards are fine though...

http://www.tacticalvantage.com/en/s...12-smith-wesson-mp-9mm-magazine-17-round.html

Back in stock now, 26.99.

Thanks for the tip! Just ordered two of them. Wish they carried mags for my Sig 2022 as well. I have enough for the time being, but you can never have too many spare magazines.

chucks

Sep 30, 2010
    I had to have my son buy some M & P 40 mags from a gun store in another state. I couldn't find them anywhere else.

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    when i picked up my MP this week from a LGS, the sales guy told me that they reason that Smith & Wesson hasn't been putting them out is because the company that makes the springs are back logged with making springs for everyone. This is even why its been kind of slow as of recently to find a good stock on MPs in stock because they haven't been shipping guns till they got the mags complete.

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    Thanks for the tip! Just ordered two of them. Wish they carried mags for my Sig 2022 as well. I have enough for the time being, but you can never have too many spare magazines.

You are welcome. I ordered 2 also, got them in less than a week. I figure with my 2 factory mags, and if I pickup a couple of 10 rounders after October, that's plenty.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/sauer-sp2022-round-blue-magazine-mag2022915-p-126729.html

There are 2022 mags...not as cheap though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom