• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BusDriver

Livin the hillbilly dream
    Feb 28, 2007
    The Hill Country
    It's the same old BS we have to listen to every time a psychotic killer goes off their rocker and kills . So what's the solution ? Lock up all the people who we think are mentally ill ? How about arm every educator and make schools Fort Knox . I'm starting to wonder about all the people that cling to their guns and bibles which one they consider most holy . We have got to come up with a solution because we all lose if we don't .

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    It's the same old BS we have to listen to every time a psychotic killer goes off their rocker and kills . So what's the solution ? Lock up all the people who we think are mentally ill ? How about arm every educator and make schools Fort Knox . I'm starting to wonder about all the people that cling to their guns and bibles which one they consider most holy . We have got to come up with a solution because we all lose if we don't .

The solution is the metal health profession needs to a way to report the mentally ill into the NICS so they do not feel like they are violating doctor/patient privilege. Now the only thing that might do is stop mentally ill patients from seeking help. Its a tough one. I sure as hell hope there is not a requirement that all gun owners subject to psychological testing because I know its been said by a psychologist that most people can be diagnosed with some sort of ailment.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Dave Kopel was the author. He's one of us....

We'll be needing more level headed writing like this.

He's a nationally recognized 2A legal scholar, constitutional law professor, and part of the Heller team before SCOTUS.

He spoke at GRPC 2012 and was signing his books.

MindOOB

Jul 6, 2012
    Great article, but it was buried in the back of the WSJ. Good to see more people online find the good articles.. Some would point out its in the opinion section.. (which I always find the best WSJ articles..)

The other article on the front page wasn't as balanced.. and that my friends is what everyone see's when they stop at their favorite Coffee and Donut place..

Oh.. and BTW.. None of this matter because the world ends in 2 days.. Just sayin'

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Great article, but it was buried in the back of the WSJ. Good to see more people online find the good articles.. Some would point out its in the opinion section.. (which I always find the best WSJ articles..)

OpEd isn't buried, it's where notable and influential folks get to put forth their opinions, in well-reasoned and well-written fashion. I see you agree on the quality of the articles.

That page and the editorials are about 50% of why I get the WSJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom