• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    That's banned in MD now (as of Oct. 1). So if that's the case they'll be bootlegging too.

;)

84479945.JPG

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I guess my point was whoever loses at the Circuit, if they don't get En Banc, it might be the end of the line.

Whoever loses in the circuit will undoubtedly ask for cert. DC would get it, I am sure. Gura probably would not. Our best chance to get this issue to the SCT is for the state to lose.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    The state..as in the government.

I understood that, as I clearly stated I was picking nits.

I refuse to use that term in any way relating to the DC local government, specifically because they, and the syncophant media along with their "delegate", steadfastly refuse to admit there is a constitutional process to follow if they wish to change the categorization of their residence area of choice.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

I refuse to use that term in any way relating to the DC local government, specifically because they, and the syncophant media along with their "delegate", steadfastly refuse to admit there is a constitutional process to follow if they wish to change the categorization of their residence area of choice.

OK fair enough..pick away..;)

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

As a former DC resident, I completely agree with you! Can you imagine DC with two senators and a representative?! I get sick at the thought. 3 more offices that would be wide open to corruption. If I had my way, I would abolish home rule entirely

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Thank God Hizzone Mayor for Life cannot become Senator or Representative for life Barry.

:sad20:

DC had a lot less problems before home rule. Congress is even worse than DC when it comes to budgeting, but their pockets are a lot deeper than DC.. especially when they paid all the bills back then.

O Roy Chalk weeps.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Thank God Hizzone Mayor for Life cannot become Senator or Representative for life Barry.

:sad20:

DC had a lot less problems before home rule. Congress is even worse than DC when it comes to budgeting, but their pockets are a lot deeper than DC.. especially when they paid all the bills back then.

O Roy Chalk weeps.
    O Roy Chalk. You don't look that old.!!!!

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Update: Story from WAMU I came across today.

States And Advocacy Groups Join Legal Fight Over D.C.'s Concealed Carry Law
    http://wamu.org/news/15/09/08/state...join_legal_fight_over_dcs_concealed_carry_law
    The simmering legal battle over the District's restrictive concealed carry law has drawn in attorneys general from various states and advocacy groups on both sides of the gun control debate, raising the profile of a case that could reshape the legal landscape over how far cities and states can go in regulating the carrying of guns in public.

Last week, the attorneys general of Maryland, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, and New York filed a brief in defense of D.C.'s concealed carry law, alongside gun control groups like the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and local organizations D.C. Appleseed, D.C. Vote and the League of Women Voters.

At the same time, the National Rifle Association has given notice that it will file its own brief in opposition to the law, which was passed by the D.C. Council last year and restricts who qualifies for a concealed carry permit and where they can carry their gun if they receive a permit.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    The Amicus Brief in support of Appellants (bad guys) from Attorneys General of MD/CA/CT/HI/IL/MA/NY is attached, filed last week. Everytown and the Brady's posted one as well.

I only coughed up for the AG's one. I'm only surprised they didn't get NJ in there as well. It was headed up by none other than Brian Frosh... :sad20:

Attachments

• Wrenn Amicus MD-NY-CA-HI-IL.pdf
      591.4 KB · Views: 131

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    I received my Denial today. No surprise there. I also noticed that I have 15 days to appeal.

I originally applied when the PI was in place. I was considering appealing to ask that they hold my application until the Wrenn case is finally decided.

I would be interested in hearing any thoughts on that approach?

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    The Amicus Brief in support of Appellants (bad guys) from Attorneys General of MD/CA/CT/HI/IL/MA/NY is attached, filed last week. Everytown and the Brady's posted one as well.

I only coughed up for the AG's one. I'm only surprised they didn't get NJ in there as well. It was headed up by none other than Brian Frosh... :sad20:

Why is CT signing on to this? They are shall issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom