• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    The part that gets me all SMH, is where they fail to understand that the people who are willing to:

Pay money
    Go on record
    Get printed
    Get trained
    Bend over
    Keep their noses clean
    Accept protective responsibility

are not the people they need to be concerned with!!!

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The part that gets me all SMH, is where they fail to understand that the people who are willing to:

Pay money
    Go on record
    Get printed
    Get trained
    Bend over
    Keep their noses clean
    Accept protective responsibility

are not the people they need to be concerned with!!!

This is what we need to get people to see. Pro 2A needs to do a better job on this.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    The founders truly effed up when they came up with such equivocal, ambiguous language for the 2nd amendment, leaving chasms of doubt about it's actual meaning.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The $64,000 Question

Even if a “may issue” law “impinges” on the Second Amendment, it can be balanced against the important government purpose of protecting public safety.

The slippery slope.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It's so kick ass he incorrectly identifies the right to own a firearm instead of right to carry.

great journalism right there.

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    "If Scullin’s judgment were imposed on New York — either by a higher court or Congress — it would render unenforceable the city’s demand that permit applicants show a good reason (usually a clear need for self-defense) before getting approved.

It’s a big deal because the “good reason” hurdle is being used by municipalities to evade the Bill of Rights. What would be the reaction were Americans required to show “good reason” before they were allowed to pray in public?

Or before they were allowed to speak on a street corner? Or before they were allowed to publish or read newspapers? Or, for that matter, to demand to see a search warrant. Or to remain silent when arrested.

All are protected under the Bill of Rights. No questions asked."

i liked this part

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    He's in the right place. It's not a perfect article, but he's in NY and it's a far cry from the majority of editorials up there.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    "If Scullin’s judgment were imposed on New York — either by a higher court or Congress — it would render unenforceable the city’s demand that permit applicants show a good reason (usually a clear need for self-defense) before getting approved.

It’s a big deal because the “good reason” hurdle is being used by municipalities to evade the Bill of Rights. What would be the reaction were Americans required to show “good reason” before they were allowed to pray in public?

Or before they were allowed to speak on a street corner? Or before they were allowed to publish or read newspapers? Or, for that matter, to demand to see a search warrant. Or to remain silent when arrested.

All are protected under the Bill of Rights. No questions asked."

i liked this part

I find it more than just ironic that Judge Scullin is actually a senior judge on the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York. He's currently assigned to DC to help ease the docket congestion here, thanks to SCOTUS Chief Justice John Roberts. :innocent0

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I find it more than just ironic that Judge Scullin is actually a senior judge on the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York. He's currently assigned to DC to help ease the docket congestion here, thanks to SCOTUS Chief Justice John Roberts. :innocent0

Irony...no... by design.. maybe..

Just rember ... as long as there is no hope we are fine..

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    It's so kick ass he incorrectly identifies the right to own a firearm instead of right to carry.

great journalism right there.

Maybe so but in NY state and NY city the permit to own is a permit to carry but can have restrictions. It just so happens that they restrict most permits to premises only in the city.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I just think the aricle should be correct. He wasn't referring to NY law, but DC law. Apples and Oranges.

The ruling was about carry, not ownership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom