• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shacklefordbanks

Mar 27, 2013
    Hogan will not change MD's G&S until MAYBE after the election. Like any other politician, he wants to get reelected and diving into the gun culture war is a losing proposition in MD right now. I say maybe because I think Hogan is afraid of Frosh. With Frosh given permission by the General Assembly to sue just about anyone the D's think is a threat to their power (and just to be asses.) So if Hogan did change G&S Frosh would tear into him and I just don't think Hogan wants that fight.

We are all just pawns.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Hogan will not change MD's G&S until MAYBE after the election. Like any other politician, he wants to get reelected and diving into the gun culture war is a losing proposition in MD right now. I say maybe because I think Hogan is afraid of Frosh. With Frosh given permission by the General Assembly to sue just about anyone the D's think is a threat to their power (and just to be asses.) So if Hogan did change G&S Frosh would tear into him and I just don't think Hogan wants that fight.

We are all just pawns.
    Fixed

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Knowing our esteemed AG is upset over this is some welcomed schadenfreude.

Best word in the German language.

I think DC will do a bonehead again.

They will request a stay, without notifying the court of intention to petition for cert.

Betting on D.C. doing something boneheaded is always a winner.

^Let's hope they do bonnheadedness post haste...though down thread I see they are NOT appealing.

Hahaha. If DC doesn't appeal to SCOUTS, it is specifically to stifle the rising tide of freedom and take one for the team of oppressors (MD, CA, NYC, NJ, HI, ~MA).

So, we have 6 "may issue" states? Congress could fix this, but, after Sunday, they will continue to pu$$yfoot around on the issue.

Hogan needs to get a set and use this as a legitimate "excuse" to give Pallozzi the nod.

i agree. every state and DC that borders MD is now shall issue as of tomorrow. Hogan can use this as political cover, and blame the DC Circuit at the same time.

win win

Time to strike while the iron is hot.

Don't bet on it. They guy is basically a Paul Ryan.

plaintiff wont appeal. They will however collect a donation courtesy the taxpayers.

We will have to rely on another vehicle.

I guess that puts Baker back in the mix along with Norman.

We are all just pawns.

Agreed.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Yes, Baker and Norman are back in the mix.

If it were me, tactically, I think Norman would be the case. The choice there is pretty stark: Open Carry vs Concealed Carry. They can affirm the decision analogous to a widely cited decision Scalia was fond of (Georgia v Nunn), or strike down the ban on open carry. The liberal wing wont like open carry, so I think they could get 6 or 7 to affirm.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008

If it were me, tactically, I think Norman would be the case. The choice there is pretty stark: Open Carry vs Concealed Carry. They can affirm the decision analogous to a widely cited decision Scalia was fond of (Georgia v Nunn), or strike down the ban on open carry. The liberal wing wont like open carry, so I think they could get 6 or 7 to affirm.

Norman is a pure catch 22...

The problem is, will the liberal wing affirm the open carry ban, given concealed carry and basically sell a man's life for their political purposes. I am not delusional, I know they will.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but the case work in Norman basically lays out that the state CAN ban the methods, but they cannot discriminate on the issuance in any way? In layman's terms that is.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

The problem is, will the liberal wing affirm the open carry ban, given concealed carry and basically sell a man's life for their political purposes. I am not delusional, I know they will.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but the case work in Norman basically lays out that the state CAN ban the methods, but they cannot discriminate on the issuance in any way? In layman's terms that is.

Basically yes, although may issue wasn't directly on the table. The FL supremes and appeals court essentially touted shall issue as not being illusory, like the may issues are.
    If taken, it'll be interesting how the liberals act for Norman. Theyd be in a corner most likely.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Norman opinion says Florida can ban one method so long as another method is available to ordinary citizens.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I think EsqAppellate has stated that orals must be completed by mid-Jan 2018 to expect a decision by the following June. It surely won't take much for our side to postpone orals past that date.

That will move Wrenn into the 2018 session. If J. Kennedy retires (as is expected) or J. Ginsberg dies (as is hoped), things will probably go quite well for us in the 2018-2019 sitting.

I'm still only cautiously optimistic, but more than I've been previously.

Not orals, but it must be ready for the Friday Conference by then to have any chance of getting heard this term. That means petition and the Response must be filed by the end of December.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011

Young is my current carry case in front of the Ninth not Baker

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    From Atty George Lyon on FB:
    Notice to all who have applied and been turned down. I have been informed by a client who went to MPD today that they are telling people who applied and were turned down to wait a couple of days before resubmitting because they might, repeat might, waive the fee to reapply. I don't have independent confirmation of this, yet. If you have not applied, however, I urge you to get your application in ASAP.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Notice to all who have applied and been turned down. I have been informed by a client who went to MPD today that they are telling people who applied and were turned down to wait a couple of days before resubmitting because they might, repeat might, waive the fee to reapply. I don't have independent confirmation of this, yet. If you have not applied, however, I urge you to get your application in ASAP.
    Is that because there will be a long processing back log, or some other reason?

I have the NRA pistol class, but I don't believe that will qualify, so basically I have no DC training. Can I still apply or must it be done pre-application?

Thanks!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    :thumbsup:

Is the asap just to avoid the flood of apps?

If conditionally approved, how long do you get to take the training?
    45 days IIRC. The NRA pistol class will be accepted if the instructions on the DC CCW app are accurate.

see below for exemptions.

Attachments

• dc training.jpg
      dc training.jpg
      81.5 KB · Views: 230

mjester93

Mar 28, 2017
    Southern Maryland

So I already filled out the application and would plan on doing the training after. Should I apply? Or should I wait until they formally announce it?

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    45 days IIRC. The NRA pistol class will be accepted if the instructions on the DC CCW app are accurate.

see below for exemptions.

I guess my concern is the bolded below as my NRA class was not 16 hours.

2336.3 The Chief may, on a case by case basis, exempt a person from the requirements of §§ 2336.1 and 2336.2 if the person submits evidence that he or she has received firearms training in the U.S. military or has otherwise completed firearms training conducted by a firearms instructor that, as determined by the Chief, is equal to or greater than that required by the Act.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom