• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living

Despite rebuttals by the board that the data used by county officials were taken out of context, if not entirely inaccurate, County Sheriff Matthew Crisafulli and Heiser pulled no punches when criticizing the board.

Citing an increase in student-involved incidents that included violent and indecent acts in schools, the two took aim at the Worcester County Board of Education for not being responsive to the negative trends. Noting that the two offices have been proactive in recommending moves to make schools safer, they criticized the board for not yet implementing a single one and "sweeping these incidents under a very big rug."

In a report presented by the sheriff, between 2019 and 2022, physical attacks on students increased 67%, fights in schools increased 171% and verbal threats against students rose 32%. There was also a 225% increase of attacks on teachers and staff and a 200% increase on verbal assaults on teachers and staff.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Related Article;

"Using the same methodology as law enforcement officials, they calculated their data sets using the 2018-2019school year referral data as it was the last pre-pandemic full year of school. In doing so, there was:

• only 20% increase in physical attacks on students, rather than 67% as noted by county officials,
    • only a 42% increase in fights in schools rather than a 171% increase cited on Tuesday,
    • only a 7% increase in verbal threats against students instead of 32%,
    • only a 73% increase in physical attacks on teachers and staff instead of 225% as noted by the sheriff's office,
    • and an 8% decrease in in verbal threats against teachers as opposed to 200% increase stated by county officials.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Pandemic was helpful for delaying metrics evidently.
    No wonder no one wants to teach or sub at any public schools any longer.
    Thats the game- delay and deny.
    And, ask for more money.
    Dorchester county could have been identified but they’re too busy posing as responsible leadership for upholding rule of law and what not.
    I don’t think they filed a financial report and have a O credit rating since the pandemic let alone having a critic of the schools out there somewhere.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Nope, school calls the SRO for little Jonny fighting. SRO does his paperwork. The school drops theirs because it won’t look good and little Jonny is sorry.

Then you have fights. Walk across the street from SD and fight in Harbor Freights parking lot. Not a school fight. But for the SRO it is.

fishoholic

Aug 24, 2022
    Eastern shore
    Pandemic was helpful for delaying metrics evidently.
    No wonder no one wants to teach or sub at any public schools any longer.
    Thats the game- delay and deny.
    And, ask for more money.
    Dorchester county could have been identified but they’re too busy posing as responsible leadership for upholding rule of law and what not.
    I don’t think they filed a financial report and have a O credit rating since the pandemic let alone having a critic of the schools out there somewhere.
    My wife is a teacher in DoCo schools, and we have two daughters one in high school and the other in middle school. The stories I hear from my wife and kids amazes me that schools are this way these days. I don't know what's the worst of it the students or the staff, but these public school systems are horrible and need help.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    My wife is a teacher in DoCo schools, and we have two daughters one in high school and the other in middle school. The stories I hear from my wife and kids amazes me that schools are this way these days. I don't know what's the worst of it the students or the staff, but these public school systems are horrible and need help.
    It’s the leadership by and large not just in the schools but in the courthouse Sheriff’s dept and county reps execs as well.
    Just watch ‘em, only a matter of time till they get exposed.
    Then, it will be business usual after a mixup and no one will hear anything about it until afterwards once the give a dams are all over.
    I don’t know what the hell they’re doing over to Worcester but I bet it’s the same thing just with a sprinkle of Rino and a dash of western shore the more people that come around.
    Just like that senator contacting guy from Salisbury and his masquerading entourage.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Our Economic and Personal wealth tends to fluorish and grow when this is in play. Our country's safety, the safety of citizens and children in schools. Not so much.

1710872935509.png

fishoholic

Aug 24, 2022
    Eastern shore
    It’s the leadership by and large not just in the schools but in the courthouse Sheriff’s dept and county reps execs as well.
    Just watch ‘em, only a matter of time till they get exposed.
    Then, it will be business usual after a mixup and no one will hear anything about it until afterwards once the give a dams are all over.
    I don’t know what the hell they’re doing over to Worcester but I bet it’s the same thing just with a sprinkle of Rino and a dash of western shore the more people that come around.
    Just like that senator contacting guy from Salisbury and his masquerading entourage.
    Bromwell has stepped down so I am sure something about to come out...

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Bromwell has stepped down so I am sure something about to come out...
    Bromwell , yeah what a clown. Some years ago some junkie crashed into the side of a school bus over Wheatley’s and Bromwell shows up to do damage control for no notifications made to parents for where they’re frickin kids were.
    Parents were riding around calling other parents and looking for their kids.
    I went o er there and let him know he was a jerkoff soon as he gave the all clear for the other motorist to beat feet when the sheriffs showed up. Again, no metrics, incident reporting, news coverage opportunity etc. A school bus that needed towed which meets DOT threshold for reporting.

fishoholic

Aug 24, 2022
    Eastern shore
    Bromwell , yeah what a clown. Some years ago some junkie crashed into the side of a school bus over Wheatley’s and Bromwell shows up to do damage control for no notifications made to parents for where they’re frickin kids were.
    Parents were riding around calling other parents and looking for their kids.
    I went o er there and let him know he was a jerkoff soon as he gave the all clear for the other motorist to beat feet when the sheriffs showed up. Again, no metrics, incident reporting, news coverage opportunity etc. A school bus that needed towed which meets DOT threshold for reporting.
    I remember hearing about that. So many things get swept under the rug around here

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    So what caused the sudden uptick in violence? It would be interesting to see if there were any specific demographic changes that correspond to the nosedive in public safety.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    So what caused the sudden uptick in violence? It would be interesting to see if there were any specific demographic changes that correspond to the nosedive in public safety.
    They're sending a lot of them from the city over here is what I'm told. They often all have ties to Baltimore coincidentally when you read the papers for adults.
    I would imagine some of the troublemakers that relocated have kids they enroll in the schools or something between where they stay.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    An increase in single parent households.

Continuing collapse of morality since COVID 19.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    They need;

1. Blow up the Union that watches it's members get beaten and do nothing

2. Fire every admin that got you here.

They also need massive involvement from parents in their kid’s lives and in the school PTA.
    When my daughter was in school my wife and i knew what was going on because we were at the school for every pta meeting and event at the school. It was sad just how few parents were involved or gave a damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom