• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    How big of a part, if any, did the existence of the HPRB play in the 4th Circuits reversal of the District Court Decision in Woollard?

If the MGA does away with the board, does that invite a reopening of the case?

krucam

Ultimate Member
    How big of a part, if any, did the existence of the HPRB play in the 4th Circuits reversal of the District Court Decision in Woollard?

If the MGA does away with the board, does that invite a reopening of the case?

Only a concealed carry win at the Supreme Court would precipitate a new case at CA4. The final chances for that are only coming from the 9th Circuit, Nichols & Baker are still alive I believe

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Who would have thought DC and Illinois would be shall issue before Maryland.

The MD skates on thin ice and tempts fate because Frosh has them all smoking medical marijuana.

MD legislature should push gun control really hard, ignoring fiscal issues and taxes. That worked out well for Anthony Brown.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I think a Williams type case, if a permit was applied for and denied, might tip the scale in Maryland. A 21yo black male in Baltimore should be given a permit as he is in a target group to be killed. He has good and substantial as far as I am concerned. We need to find this person.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    It wouldn’t reopen the Woollard case. However, if they disband the Board and fail to provide a mechanism for due process that would create a new case altogether. They are suggesting the proposed bill will route new appeals to the ALJ’s at the OAH but I have yet to see the text.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    We actually don't need to have any changes to bring forth another Woolard type case (challenging the constitutionality of G&S). Now that there is a circuit split, challenging the G&S clause would likely end up at the SC.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    It wouldn’t reopen the Woollard case. However, if they disband the Board and fail to provide a mechanism for due process that would create a new case altogether. They are suggesting the proposed bill will route new appeals to the ALJ’s at the OAH but I have yet to see the text.

I doubt the overturning of Woollard had anything to do with the HRPB being in existence. There's always ways to appeal a permit denial, whether it's NJ, NY,CA,exc.
    The court didn't like public carry, period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom