• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Terpfan76

Mar 23, 2013
    Western Maryland
    My dad picks them up wherever he's at that he sees a good deal. His route takes him to Winchester, Martinsburg, Hagerstown etc... so he's developed some contacts.

Some will burn cherry pits, but they have to be very dry. If they aren't dried enough, they'll cause all kinds of problems.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    It's a very subjective answer-

My house is about 3/4 of the way through our second ton this year. We keep it pretty cool mid 60s aside from the kitchen where the stove is. It heats great when we're above 15* outside, burns about a bag and a half a day. Any colder we'll supplement with the oil furnace. We're heating about 1500 Sq ft (the two upper levels of the house).

A ton (picked up) costs us $235. They load a pallet in the back of the truck. The wife unloads the pallet at home.

I was wondering.... thinking maybe someday if we stay put about an addition. Now use HUGE freestanding wood stove, VERY DIRTY but very warm dry heat. If the addition happens will probably need another aux heat source. I HATE to use the oil any more than necessary.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    I doubt we would use oil at all if we weren't heating the entire house- and with a better location (it's a fireplace insert) in the house I'd bet it would be fine in the sub 15 temps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom