• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CyberBat

Feb 18, 2013
    Leonardtown
    Are there any women who would like to descend on Annapolis to show our numbers regarding gun control issues? This is not meant to separate us from Maryland Shooters or the men. It is meant to give the legislature a female face on the issue without being able to relegate us to the "there because the husband/boyfriend/whatever wanted us to be there" category. This is for any female who is interested in preserving our 2nd amendment rights. Oh, and what a shock it would be to the knuckleheads in Annapolis.

Again, this is NOT troll bait. And this is NOT meant to be a dis at the guys. It is just a way to stand up and be counted - which is what I mentioned in my Introduction post way back in February 2013. You could look at it as a way for us to help shoulder the load.

In any case, I plan to be in Annapolis multiple times this session being a burr and trying to get something done. I want to put my CWS days to good use. Fortunately, I can move my days around. Please respond if there is any interest.

CB out

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I'm going to chime in here, but only as one who is interested in turning Annapolis upside down.

I am encouraging EVERYONE to get to Annapolis this year, for any reason that they can relate to, and make a point of showing up as interest groups.

MSI is doing 2ATuesday, but there is nothing precluding people from holding their own events throughout the session ("Lobby Days", if you will), and making your voices heard.

I would love nothing more than to see people down there in droves on a very regular basis, whether it be related to gas tax, rain tax, tolls, 2A (in any form), school issues, sin taxes... you name it.

To that end, the OPs idea has much merit.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Moms demand liberty! I think its a good idea. Lord knows there are enough mostly female anti groups.

CyberBat

Feb 18, 2013
    Leonardtown
    I'm going to chime in here, but only as one who is interested in turning Annapolis upside down.

I am encouraging EVERYONE to get to Annapolis this year, for any reason that they can relate to, and make a point of showing up as interest groups.

MSI is doing 2ATuesday, but there is nothing precluding people from holding their own events throughout the session ("Lobby Days", if you will), and making your voices heard.

I would love nothing more than to see people down there in droves on a very regular basis, whether it be related to gas tax, rain tax, tolls, 2A (in any form), school issues, sin taxes... you name it.

To that end, the OPs idea has much merit.

Exactly. More grassroots participation and if they don't listen, they get mowed at the next election. The spotlight needs to be on Annapolis. Tap, tap, tap - we are watching.

Is there a thread on events regarding 2ATuesday? I haven't seen anything as a separate thread but I seen bits and pieces in other threads. Thanks!

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    OP,

I think that is a great idea. Were I a female I'd join you. But even with a wig, I think my facial garden might give me away, or worse, give a really bad face to pro-2A w:)men!

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Exactly. More grassroots participation and if they don't listen, they get mowed at the next election. The spotlight needs to be on Annapolis. Tap, tap, tap - we are watching.

Is there a thread on events regarding 2ATuesday? I haven't seen anything as a separate thread but I seen bits and pieces in other threads. Thanks!

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=139996

I'll have some announcements coming in the next day or two.

Let me know if you have any questions on it.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Sounds interesting. Maybe we could even rent strollers :D (of course, that is if you remember what happened last year with the Anti-2A Mom gathering...)

Set a date and will do my level best to be there.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Personally I think a 'womens day for 2A/gun rights" would be great! I would talk with Terry McGraw ove at the Central MD Chapter of Well Armed Women and Patty West of Monumental Women (the only two women shooter groups I know if in MD) to set up day in Annapolis.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    CyberBat, I think that this is a good idea. Women are generally thought to be anti 2A and it would be nice to let the politicians know that this is not the case.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    Are there any women who would like to descend on Annapolis to show our numbers regarding gun control issues? This is not meant to separate us from Maryland Shooters or the men. It is meant to give the legislature a female face on the issue without being able to relegate us to the "there because the husband/boyfriend/whatever wanted us to be there" category. This is for any female who is interested in preserving our 2nd amendment rights. Oh, and what a shock it would be to the knuckleheads in Annapolis.

Again, this is NOT troll bait. And this is NOT meant to be a dis at the guys. It is just a way to stand up and be counted - which is what I mentioned in my Introduction post way back in February 2013. You could look at it as a way for us to help shoulder the load.

In any case, I plan to be in Annapolis multiple times this session being a burr and trying to get something done. I want to put my CWS days to good use. Fortunately, I can move my days around. Please respond if there is any interest.

CB out

I think it's a great idea also. You will need to get into a bunch of media outlets (facebook, twitter, etc.) to make it a good showing. Keep us up to date with when and where. Del. Smigiels Chief of Staff, Andi Morony may be a good person to talk to. She is instrumental in working with MSI on events in Annapolis. Also, keep in touch with myself and Mr.H and let us know your timeframe.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    You may also want to contact Shannon Alford (local NRA-ILA rep). She may be able to offer guidance on how to deal with the media.

Shannon has been an active support of the various groups here in Maryland.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Wow... that looks awfully familiar...:innocent0:innocent0

Nice to see... thanks for posting it!!

Why mess with a good thing! I believe Bill Palk and Meg Clarke got permission to use the copy.

The goal is to get 10,000 or more to show up. I was dismayed at our MSRPPA Board of Directors meeting last week when several of the board members had no clue about the event!

I already put in for a vacation day and I beleive Patty is trying to get the day off too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom