• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I'll be brutally honest here and mean no disrespect but before I even knew you were a woman I saw pictures of your work and thought there was better taxidermist out there. You were one of the first places I looked when I shot my buck in 2011 but decided on a place over an hour away and couldnt be happier. Like I said no offense but your gender had absolutely ZERO to do with that decision.

There's someone for everyone, but I would like to know if the Fegans ever come to Annapolis to testify or support MSI, or open carry, or anything like that. Being an NRA member is NOT enough in this state. Or other top taxidermists in the state who have big customer bases and could so ALOT of educating and maybe getting said hunters to also help us all out. I know several of them do not have issues like I do with anxiety, and they go on long distance hunting trips, to taxidermy conventions, etc. I do my best, but mostly I am talking to people who are already on board with gun rights, and are not hunters/trappers. Believe it or not I feel intimidated over at MDWhitetail. Where are the lady hunters there? And if I spend 400.00 to become a sponsor, will it help my business at all? I still feel pushed in by being female. At least I know what the other issue is now (aspergers), but that isn't going to help PR either. I've had sexist comments made to me by other trappers as well ( in general, not here at MDS or at MDWT).

I will admit that my head is still spinning from my move, and I actually am tired of the "politics" of taxidermy, but at 41 it is the only thing I know how to do that has years of experience behind it. And art. I am forced to start over business wise due to many from my old location not wanting to "go so far" to get to me now, and a general decline my business had since the economic issues that started around 2007-2008. I actually would love to work for a studio like the Fegan's, but none of these studios are within the 30 mins or so of my comfort zone. Put me in the back to skin/flesh/prep, to do furbearing predators, and to help on big projects, and I'm happy.

As a side note to this, MDS is still very male and the guys here are always making sexist sounding jokes. It doesn't really offend me, but it surely could be pushing women from this place. I only know of maybe 2 of the active women here besides myself who are here on their own volition, not due to hubby being here first then getting them into guns/hunting. Those other 2 women also post a lot, which brings the total very active MDS female count to an astounding 3!

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    If they were denying membership to blacks, asians and irish would yall still have the same "it's their club and they can do what they want" attitude?

Discrimination is discrimination. If 15 members say "nope, that woman (or man) is a complete jerk and I don't want them in this club", that's one thing. But to exclude someone based solely on their sex is stupid.

so can The Irish can join the Congressional black caucus or run for Miss Black America

:lol2::lol2:

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    so can The Irish can join the Congressional black caucus or run for Miss Black America

:lol2::lol2:

Why can't boys join Girls Inc.?

Their mission in part reads: " Girls Inc. inspires all girls to be strong, smart, and bold SM through life-changing programs and experiences that help girls navigate gender, economic, and social barriers. Research-based curricula, delivered by trained, mentoring professionals in a positive all-girl environment equip girls to achieve academically"

Shouldn't boys have the same opportunity to achieve academically?

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    In my experience, people who make blanket statements like this tend to display signs of uninformed, close-minded perspectives (that could be considered idiotic) themselves...

That can always be the case. But if the statement is true, it is true. If you don't believe me, talk to every Fudd and figure it out for yourself if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom