• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Just wondering which is better or at least get some good info before I buy some. Looking at Wideners and all they have currently is the Extra...

Looks like the extra is a little faster @ 1033 FPS.... Still subsonic?

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Either one is good to go imo Todd. In my anny and the 10/22T, wolf match shoots a little lower POI than the extra but besides that I can't tell any difference in groups. In short, go with either one that you can find a deal on.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I love Wolf Match Target! I use it almost exclusively now in my Annie, Savage Mark II FVT (in custom stock) and S&W Model 41 - i.e. the guns where I'm really trying for precision as opposed to plinking. I've not tried the "Extra" but I'm told that it would probably tighten the groups a bit - which would be very impressive because if I do my part the groups with Match Target are exceptional and I'm not sure the difference in price would make much difference on the target.

I've also started experimenting with RWS Target Rifle. It, too, seems to be outstanding - ragged single holes with the Annie at 25 yards with peep sights. I'm looking forward to spring and testing the gun/ammo combination on a 50-100 yard range.

But, for the money (@ $4.50/box of 50), I don't think you can beat Wolf Match Target. I understand it's made by Lapua.

soup101

Mar 4, 2009
    Fantasy Island
    I've had great results with Wolf Match out of my 10/22 with Green Mountain barrel also. I'd say try both and go with the best results.

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the opinions... Think I'll try both but I'll start with the extra. Might be a while before I can do a real comparo out of a precision type rifle but it should let me know how well the new model 60 and hopefully 39A shoot. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom