Wolf Gold .223/5.56 55gr FMJ $289.44/1000rds+Free Shipping!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    It's supposed to be ok. Lake City it ain't.

this sounds like we need an official MDS test. I can scrounge up 50 of the most recent wolf .223 (made in Taiwan, the older stuff was made in Russia, assuming the brass is different). i can pick it out of my brass bucket.

disclaimer, i am a "plan to reload in the future with 0 equipment" reloader, so all I've got is once fired out of my ar brass.

Last edited:

WeldonHunter

Apr 27, 2011
    Louisiana

If you're looking for more here's 1000rds for $305 delivered to zip 21228. Shipping will vary depending on where you are. Use Coupon Code SAVE10 http://ammunitionstore.com/products...-brass-case-boxer-primed-1000-round-case.html

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    this ammo is great

Sealed neck and primer, and shoots better out of my 1/9 twists than just about anything other than, strangely PMC bronze, or match ammo.

I mean this ammo is INCREDIBLE. Be careful though, the copper is quite soft on these jackets, so it will take a long time to break in a barrel with this stuff.

I'd advise some wolf, then switch to these guys.

Problem is this is almost cheaper than wolf steel case right now

PMC bronze is great for the price. Reloads a treat too.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Another 1000 rounds of Wolf at the door yesterday. :party29:

I am willing to donate to whomever mentioned they want to test it for reloading. I have a bunch, and actually want to reload it for myself some day. Let me know if you need some.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Another 1000 rounds of Wolf at the door yesterday. :party29:

I am willing to donate to whomever mentioned they want to test it for reloading. I have a bunch, and actually want to reload it for myself some day. Let me know if you need some.

I did some googling. People seemed favorable on the wolf brass reloading.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I like the Wolf Gold. Bought a few thousand rounds at a Silverado show at Howard County Fairgrounds last Fall, but do not recall the price...maybe $329 but not certain. The FFL seller travels from the Pittsburgh area for our shows. Like his ammo!

Lew--Ranger63
    Formerly Indiana, PA and returning to the Roots soon.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Just ordered a case of Wolf Gold from The Armory for $296 shipped. Doubt it will get much cheaper...but it will probably go back up sooner or later.

STACK IT DEEP!

craftsman_69

MDS Supporter
    Jul 26, 2015
    AA
    Was at the Armory yesterday and they had it in store as well. You can order online and pickup in store if in the area to get online price. It is about 10-15% more if you don't do it that way. I have used WG before and shoots very well. The store is small but packed with goodies. Also down the street is Colonial Shooting Academy. Another great store with a NICE indoor range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom