• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slayr15

Avtomat Klashnikov Member
    i have my son's birthday coming up soon and he wants a .22 i have narrowed it down to these rifles by armscor all are under $200.00 and i think he will like them as he wants stuff just like dad.

Attachments

• mak22new.jpg
      mak22new.jpg
      3.2 KB · Views: 286

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    At the risk of showing my age, when I was 8 years old we got "Fanner-50" cap guns for B-Days & Christmas. They were probably $1.95 then - including the leather holsters.

The armscor rifles look cool and are possibly a good learning platform. The simple Marlin 22's are pretty easy to learn for a child.

Good luck & teach him well Dad.

slayr15

Avtomat Klashnikov Member
    At the risk of showing my age, when I was 8 years old we got "Fanner-50" cap guns for B-Days & Christmas. They were probably $1.95 then - including the leather holsters.

The armscor rifles look cool and are possibly a good learning platform. The simple Marlin 22's are pretty easy to learn for a child.

Good luck & teach him well Dad.
    he has been shooting for about 3 yrs now and has a rossi .22 /20 single shot and has ben shooting my .rem 597 for about a year now. we live in the country and can shoot in the backyard all we want so he get's plenty of pratice and is very responsible and knows the rules of safe firearms handling . with that said he like the ebrs and drools over dads rifles and i figured this was the cheepest way to get him what he wants .

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I'm leanin towards the full stock AK slayr, it's got an awesome coolness factor. I am not gonna show my daughter those pics or I'll be havin to get her one as well. Those things are pretty cool, got a link for where I can look at em a bit more?

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    well... which one does he drool over more? you AK or AR?

which ever he drools over the most get him that version

or.... you could take him to see them if you wanted to. but i dont know if your trying to suprise him.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    he has been shooting for about 3 yrs now and has a rossi .22 /20 single shot and has ben shooting my .rem 597 for about a year now. we live in the country and can shoot in the backyard all we want so he get's plenty of pratice and is very responsible and knows the rules of safe firearms handling . with that said he like the ebrs and drools over dads rifles and i figured this was the cheepest way to get him what he wants .

And when I was a kid we got cap guns??? As much as I adored my Dad, where were you when I was 8? (Don't answer that one).

It's terrific you're teaching him. Get him a really GREAT B-day present he'll remember when he's my age!!

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    my local ffl (manchesters)dosen't stock them but orders them through SOG.

hmmm you trying to surprise him?

if not let him look at the pictures and specs and have him decide..

or...... you could ask him which he likes more.... the AK or AR and not really come across to saying or hinting your getting him one of these

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    which one will fit his build to allow him to learn proper shooting stance. I started my younger son with a henry mini-bolt because it fit him, now anything in "our" collection is his to shoot-sometimes with a little help-supporting the front end. He likes the M-1 its a little heavy for a 12 yr old

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    I just got my 10 yr old daughter her first rifle last summer
    Went with a Henry .22 - it's a single shot bolt action rifle with several redundant safety features. As a first time shooter, i wouldn't put a gun in her hand that holds more than 1 round, but that's just me. I am more conerneced with her safety then her having a cool gun.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    I just got my 10 yr old daughter her first rifle last summer
    Went with a Henry .22 - it's a single shot bolt action rifle with several redundant safety features. As a first time shooter, i wouldn't put a gun in her hand that holds more than 1 round, but that's just me. I am more conerneced with her safety then her having a cool gun.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom