• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTaylor13

Feb 19, 2015
    Whats up everybody, this is my first post on MD Shooters.

According to the Maryland State Police Firearms Search the "Windham Weaponry R16M4RTT-762" or "SRC" is NOT BANNED. However, it seems like it is specific to the 7.62 caliber - but I am interested in a 5.56 model… Can anyone clear this up? It seems odd that they would only allow one caliber of the SRC to be sold and purchased. Can I buy an SRC 5.56 or not!?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    That barrel has the M4 cutout. That means that it is not a HBAR ( heavy barrel ). Not for sale in MD. I know Windham does make some MD legal rifles. Check out the IP section. Go to one of them and they will hook you up.

Welcome to MDS

JTaylor13

Feb 19, 2015
    That barrel has the M4 cutout. That means that it is not a HBAR ( heavy barrel ). Not for sale in MD. I know Windham does make some MD legal rifles. Check out the IP section. Go to one of them and they will hook you up.

Welcome to MDS
    Thanks for the response @dontpanic, without sounding too newbie - what is the IP section lol

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    On the upper tool bar. Click on "forums". This will show you all the different forums or areas of interest here.

Scroll down to Industry Partners. That is a list of firearm related businesses that support this site.

Find one near you.

I have seen Windham rifles at Gun Connection. They're in White Marsh. Really good guys. I have had a good experience at every IP I have gone to.

Good luck.

DBoss90

Feb 2, 2015
    Reisterstown, MD.
    Windham HBC is MD compliant. Don't let the heavy barrel term scare you. Its about 6-7 ounces heavier than a typical AR. Picked one up from Duffys about a year ago. Great gun. Similar to RRA and STAG in quality. All for around $850. Not sure what the previous poster meant about mag issues, but Magpul gen 2 and 3 work fine as do the new hex mags. No FTF or FTE issues. All the best.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Windham HBC is MD compliant. Don't let the heavy barrel term scare you. Its about 6-7 ounces heavier than a typical AR. Picked one up from Duffys about a year ago. Great gun. Similar to RRA and STAG in quality. All for around $850. Not sure what the previous poster meant about mag issues, but Magpul gen 2 and 3 work fine as do the new hex mags. No FTF or FTE issues. All the best.

Rifle is sold with 30rd Mag, that's the Mag issue, need to purchase without the Mag. If you do a walkin with an IP in MD you either won't get the 30rd Mag or they give you a 10rd in its place or none at all, when purchasing from over the web you need to make sure the vendor will sell it to you without the 30rd Mag, replace it or not get one with purchase. Some vendors will not sell the Rifle without the mag that goes with it because some Reference to accountability with ATF...

As far as the 7.62 it is not the High Profile EVIL Caliber 556 is (According to those who passed the law), so AR 10s are GTG Cash and Carry...

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Talk to Gary @ High Rock Outfitters. He is an IP here and operates out of Hanover PA. You will be able to take the factory standard capacity mag with you when you purchase the firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom