• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • socallove

May 11, 2012
    Hello all,
    I'm curious if any of you gentlemen have a Winchester model 69A.
    I recently acquired one and took it to the range, I started at the 100 yard line to hit clay disk about 4 inches wide. Then I got bored and set them out at 200 yard line, I was still hitting them but a bit more difficult bc I suck. My scope only have a 4x magnification and it was a windy ass day!!

This is my first rimfire bolt action rifle, I had to test it out. I didn't try for grouping because I didn't think I will do well at all. So I'm going to say 4 inches at 200 yard with a .22LR on a windy is ok?

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    this should be good. :rolleyes:

If you did what you say you did then you are one of the best shooters in the world. how many clicks did you adjust the scope?

socallove

May 11, 2012
    I have no idea my man, but I can do it again on video and it won't be a problem, I also had 5 family members as witnesses at Burro Canyon shooting range in LA. I'm fairly new to guns, I don't understand clicks, I just shoot and a cloud of dust kicks up, I adjust my scope until I get close then do some fine adjustments. I used CCI Mini Mag high velocity, it was the most consistent for myself, I also tried Remington copper jacket hollow points, it was far worse.

Is it hard to believe or achieve? I'm curious why you have a cynical tone.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    at 100 yards a .22lr has about 6 inches of drop. With the right ammo, scope, gun you can do very well at 100 yards. 200 yards is a big difference and you made no mention of adjusting your scope in first post. With wind, heat, arch, etc, .22lr at 200 yards wuld be pretty demanding to say the least and have any accuracy. If you did then good for you.

socallove

May 11, 2012
    I honestly have no skills as I mentioned I'm very new to guns, I only adjust my scope as I go using common sense. I don't have the knowledge of the 22 ballistics, drop, windage, arch as you mentioned. I spent over about 50 rounds before I could hit the first disk, the micro adjustments was very difficult, I went back and forth up down so many times, I wasn't even sure of my adjustments. But after 100 rounds, I was hitting more often with a 5 round mag, I was hitting once and some times twice. The disk are a bit tricky at times because it does not break, it would punch a tiny hole and stay intact, impossible to see with a 4 power scope. Until I came to set new targets, I saw 3 disks with holes.

I think i just got beginners luck and blessing with a great rifle. I polished the trigger today, it's scary light and breaks super clean. I also polished the bolt and the receiver, it's a lot smoother now, I can't wait to test it out. I learned how to do everything from youtube, it's not hard at all, maybe I'm mechanically inclined and an engineer at heart!! LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom