• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jthoma24

Jul 25, 2012
    Arnold, MD
    Hey all you C&R guru's.
    I have the opportunity to buy a Winchester 1894 (1949 Serial number) and would like inquire about value. Buys is saying it is about 80%. Any thoughts? He was asking $800....

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Hey all you C&R guru's.
    I have the opportunity to buy a Winchester 1894 (1949 Serial number) and would like inquire about value. Buys is saying it is about 80%. Any thoughts? He was asking $800....

I assume 30-30? It all depends on the condition. I've seen a bunch listed in that range and north, most of them over priced IMHO. But if it really is 80% finish with a bright, pristine bore and no wiggles, and you don't have one yet, and the itch is unbearable...

better to regret something you did than something you didn't do. but ymmv

jthoma24

Jul 25, 2012
    Arnold, MD
    I assume 30-30? It all depends on the condition. I've seen a bunch listed in that range and north, most of them over priced IMHO. But if it really is 80% finish with a bright, pristine bore and no wiggles, and you don't have one yet, and the itch is unbearable...

better to regret something you did than something you didn't do. but ymmv

30-30 that is correct...the itch is there

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    That is a bit steep for that but the prices are steady climbing on them . If you have to have it get it . I would hold out for something wartime or pre wartime but your taking a chance at not finding one later when you have one in front of you now .

I have regretted letting things walk but never regretted over paying a little bit for something I really wanted .

jthoma24

Jul 25, 2012
    Arnold, MD
    That is a bit steep for that but the prices are steady climbing on them . If you have to have it get it . I would hold out for something wartime or pre wartime but your taking a chance at not finding one later when you have one in front of you now .

I have regretted letting things walk but never regretted over paying a little bit for something I really wanted .

I am looking at it as an investment piece also. Thank you for the level headed view..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom