• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I've been a fan of the 365 platform ever since they were first put on the roster. Granted, the first iterations were a little rough, but they offered decent capacity in a small package. After adding some upgrades it became better, but still not a tack driver. Of course, that isn't its purpose, and I'm definitely not the most accurate shooter. Moving forward, I thought the P365X Macro might offer an improvement due to its longer slide and porting (and all the hype) but alas, for me it shot even worse than the first 365.

Ran across a youtube video of the Wilson Combat SIG P365 offering. It included the Wilson grip module, their signature Xtac slide serrations, some magical tuning, fiber optic front sight, and a Gray Guns trigger. Not cheap at $1,275, but considering what I had spent in upgrades (parts and gun smithing) for my other 365s it wasn't that far out of the ballpark. Dan at MD Elite ordered one for me, and to our mutual surprise it showed up in two days from one of his distributors. It looked just like the pictures on Wilson's website, and felt a bit more refined than my other 365.

I shot it for the first time today, and it blew me away. Wait, that sounds wrong. It really impressed me. Sure, the trigger is much better than stock, and the slide serrations are super grippy (as is the grip module). But the most amazing thing was how darned accurately I could shoot it. Given that on my best days I barely achieve mediocrity, today I shot a sub 4" group of 12 shots at 7 yards. Probably at least 50% tighter group than I could achieve with the other 365s. I let some other folks shoot it and all were impressed, and two of them offered to buy it from me on the spot! Nope, not gonna let this one go.

Over 100 rounds through it this morning, with zero failures. Probably as close to perfect for me as it's going to get. We'll see how it performs over time, but right now I love it, and highly recommend this iteration of 365 for anyone thinking about the platform. It's not cheap, but it's right.

Here's the target. All 12 rounds are in the splatter target, and the other holes are on a previous target using another pistol.
    IMG_1097.jpeg

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Nice! My interest with the p365 is a bit more recent, with the X-Macro compacts. I carry a non-comp model daily, and have upgraded the trigger and springs on a second gun (TACOPS) to use in Steel Challenge soon. Both just have the inexpensive Romeo Elite red dots on them and shoot very well and hold zero without issue.

I'm picking up the metal frame p365 AGX Legion tomorrow (no dot). I heard a WC grip module was available but didn't know they built and sold their own version of the pistol. I may have to get this one as well. I see 4 models available in various configurations so it might take a bit to sort out.

Thanks.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Mr. Ed, I have a question for you. Which P365 model is the WCP365 based upon? Is it the standard P35, the XL or the X-Macro? I'm reading very good things about the WCP365 and I may need to check with Dan to see if he can order one for me as well. Thanks for your help.

Cal68

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    The Wilson grip modules are excellent. Adds just enough palm swell to give me a more consistent grip.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Mr. Ed, I have a question for you. Which P365 model is the WCP365 based upon? Is it the standard P35, the XL or the X-Macro? I'm reading very good things about the WCP365 and I may need to check with Dan to see if he can order one for me as well. Thanks for your help.

Cal68
    I chose the smallest one, the plain Jane 365 for concealment purposes. https://wilsoncombat.com/wilson-combat-wcp365-action-tuned.html

With the 12 round magazine I get plenty of grip real estate for my little monkey hands. Someone with larger hands might prefer one of the X models for that extra 3/4" of grip length.

Pleasantly surprised that all my current holsters fit the new model perfectly.

This site compares the OEM SIG sizes: https://www.handgunhero.com

Hope this helps!

I'll add that Dan at MD Elite Firearms (one of our members and an IP) continues to be super helpful. If you haven't been there yet, take the time to visit them. https://mdelitefirearms.com/

Last edited:

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010

Cal68
    I’m with you there, Penn. I’m waiting for Dan to get more shadow 2 compacts in, but this might have to hold me over in the meantime.

I think Dan is a wizard, he magically makes my money vanish

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The one thing I like about the Sig P320 and P365 is the fact you can upgrade and make changes in stages. Even a couple of hundreds of dollars in basic upgrades really help the gun, probably one of the worst things about P320 and p365 is the stock grips are not very grippy.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011

Cal68
    Just let me know, and I'll get one ordered and call when it arrives. Usually, it's just a few days.
    I chose the smallest one, the plain Jane 365 for concealment purposes. https://wilsoncombat.com/wilson-combat-wcp365-action-tuned.html

With the 12 round magazine I get plenty of grip real estate for my little monkey hands. Someone with larger hands might prefer one of the X models for that extra 3/4" of grip length.

Hope this helps!

I'll add that Dan at MD Elite Firearms (one of our members and an IP) continues to be super helpful. If you haven't been there yet, take the time to visit them. https://mdelitefirearms.com/
    Thank you for the kind words. It's always been a building friendships/ relationships thing for our shop. It started with my dad way back in the late 80s.
    I’m with you there, Penn. I’m waiting for Dan to get more shadow 2 compacts in, but this might have to hold me over in the meantime.

I think Dan is a wizard, he magically makes my money vanish
    If you aren't on the waiting list for the Shadow 2 Compact, let me know, and I'll get you on it.

In the meantime, I hear the WC P365 is really nice, and we can have one for you next week.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County

Hope this helps!

Thank you for this information Mr. Ed. I think I need to go over to Dan's place and see how the different P365 models fit in my hand and then order the corresponding WCP version.

I've been visiting Dan for several years and have bought many a firearm from him! His shop is a bit of a drive for me but well worth is as he and his team are fantastic. Highly recommended.

Cal68

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    "Just let me know, and I'll get one ordered and call when it arrives. Usually, it's just a few days"

Dan, I will come by your shop one of these weekends to check the size of the various P365 models and then order a corresponding WCP version.

Penn

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    "Just let me know, and I'll get one ordered and call when it arrives. Usually, it's just a few days"

Dan, I will come by your shop one of these weekends to check the size of the various P365 models and then order a corresponding WCP version.

Penn
    We should have more next week. I'll let you know when thy get here.

-Dan

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I'm in the market and also set $ aside for a Canik tti. Funny I found this thread after looking at the wcp website yesterday, Thanks Mr. Ed. oh, I lucked upon a new Ruger Vicaro I have no interest in, should get approved email today.....
    I can rock my P365X w/wilson grip and window dot sight thing so I'll look into the P320.

Mr. Ed, did you have a second choice when looking at this purchase? Great to see you're liking it!!

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I'm in the market and also set $ aside for a Canik tti. Funny I found this thread after looking at the wcp website yesterday, Thanks Mr. Ed. oh, I lucked upon a new Ruger Vicaro I have no interest in, should get approved email today.....
    I can rock my P365X w/wilson grip and window dot sight thing so I'll look into the P320.

Mr. Ed, did you have a second choice when looking at this purchase? Great to see you're liking it!!
    First, I'd strongly recommend against anything from Canik right now. I was a fanboy until both of my Caniks (an MC9 and a Mete SFT Pro each developed issues with the slide catch release spring failing). Four of my shooting buddies' Caniks have developed the same issue. Canik has a history of implementing fixes and improvements pretty quickly, but based on personal experience right now I'd say there is close to a 100% chance of failure in the first 1k rounds. Caveat Emptor.

As to a second choice, yes. I also got a Glock G43X MOS. For the record, I do not like Glocks. Never have. Probably never will. But I figured that with all the upgrades available, I could build this one into something dependable and appropriate for a carry gun (for me). Well, I was wrong. Out of the box, this thing was a very rough, gritty miserable POS to shoot (and I wasn't really surprised). So I went to the Glock store and got some upgrades: extended slide release, extended mag release, titanium recoil spring assy, extended slide lock lever, and one of the smith-type guys at Cindy's recommended a Johnny Glock trigger, so I got one of those, too. The guy at Cindys installed everything for me, and it was a huge improvement! All the original issues I had were fixed. BUT, the pistol developed a very annoying tendency to make light strikes. Not one or two, but three or four in 50 rounds. Not related to the magazine, or the ammo weight or manufacturer, but as predictable as clockwork.

The (super nice) guy at Cindy's has been very patient in swapping out parts to try to diagnose the problem (of course, I've tipped him generously), but the only way we could get this little POS to shoot dependably was with the stock POS trigger. And that's unacceptable. Today I discovered that Glock offers an extended striker that is claimed to eliminate light strikes, so I ordered one. So, if they make one to address light strikes, they must know about the problem. WTF don't they just fix the OEM striker in the first place? Communist bastiges. As soon as it gets here, I'll get it installed and put the Johnny Glock trigger back in, and see if that solves the problems. If not, it's getting sold for a significant loss and I'll order the Wilson Combat G43X.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom