• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living

City Council is so upset their own residency scams were uncovered, that now everyone must suffer!

"The amended legislation establishes a task force to focus on ways to attract new employees."

Obviously, forcing applicants to move into the city will attract the best and brightest!

I haven't spent a dime in that $hithole since Caesar Rodney was vacated from his pedestal.

:tongue01:

clamcop369

MDS Supporter
    Sep 10, 2022
    Kent County, DE.

City Council is so upset their own residency scams were uncovered, that now everyone must suffer!

"The amended legislation establishes a task force to focus on ways to attract new employees."

Obviously, forcing applicants to move into the city will attract the best and brightest!

I haven't spent a dime in that $hithole since Caesar Rodney was vacated from his pedestal.

Ditto ! What a great recruiting tool. (Sarc)

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    Ditto ! What a great recruiting tool. (Sarc)
    Let's see what else they had time for....

"Those were intertwined with a resolution offered by Councilwoman Shané Darby calling for a cease fire in the Gaza Strip, which passed despite just six yes votes due to five members not voting."

Last edited:

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017

Wilmington is Philly lite. You don't want to go there at night. However, can you give me a list of good restaurants suggestion?

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    Wilmington is Philly lite. You don't want to go there at night. However, can you give me a list of good restaurants suggestion?
    I've been down here so long that most of the places I did go have closed or been ruined. (Hotel DuPont Green Room)

But if I were so inclined, Mrs Robino's (Casual Italian) is still as it ever was!

For subs, The Original Casapulla's in Elsmere;

https://www.casapullassubs.com/about/

For cheesteak, Claymont Steak Shop (In Claymont)

After another favorite of ours closed recently (Concordville Inn PA) we went here last year for more upscale but crowded and loud Italian;

Also been going to Buckley's in the DE chateau country since High School;

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    Makes a lot of sense. The city is having trouble hiring and filling vacant positions so their answer is to cut down on the available pool of prospective applicants by imposing residency restrictons? Im sure many people who would be willing to work in / for the city would never consider living there. Am I just missing something in the thought process involved here?

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    born and raised in that craphole!

all but a few of the people I every knew there left. Moving or death. 2, aunt and cousin still there. Waited too long. Cousins been beaten several times by the natives. He’s an idiot, with issues, which doesn’t help.

and I think one in the old hood, community activist type. I think she’s still there.

old neighbor, cop, bought and refurbed a house back in the day.. probably retired by now. And gone.

ain’t many places in wimmington I’d live in. And especially not by choice.

place I was raised had five people shot in a home invasion right across the street from the old house. Roughly same time owner of a local market was shot and killed at market. By some of wimmingtonz finest residents

Saying all this stuff out loud reminds me of the fact ima gettin old

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    Every city that has such a requirement has abandoned it. Few city employees can afford to live in the cities they work in unless they are among the few overpaid bureaucrats or on the pad.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Was that the guy that took over Johnny’s Supermarket?

My family is from Hedgeville/Browntown.

Sad.

They blame the gun, not the criminals. Death to Democrats!

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    “The real big picture here is we continue to have violence centered around a gun,” Kelley said. “We need to put all the effort we can politically and community-wise into enhancing the gun laws to make it really difficult for people to have handguns.”

How do you get more difficult than prohibited?

Doosh.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    I vaguely knew the Kelleys back in the day… in passing, not close…

turned idiot politicians.

and yeah, I was speaking of johnnys

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County

I've been down here so long that most of the places I did go have closed or been ruined. (Hotel DuPont Green Room)

But if I were so inclined, Mrs Robino's (Casual Italian) is still as it ever was!

For subs, The Original Casapulla's in Elsmere;

https://www.casapullassubs.com/about/

For cheesteak, Claymont Steak Shop (In Claymont)

After another favorite of ours closed recently (Concordville Inn PA) we went here last year for more upscale but crowded and loud Italian;

Also been going to Buckley's in the DE chateau country since High School;

I'd add Stoney's Pub also. Along with Mrs Rufino's a DDD favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom