Will we ever see the Not Disapproved paperwork?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rwg107

Feb 5, 2013
    I have been searching for an answer to this in the forums and could not find anything, so here goes:

Now that we have an 8 day release at a lot of FFLs and our paperwork is at MSP for who knows how long, will we ever get that formal notification Not Disapproved once they finally catch up?

I would think we might get a letter from MSP or maybe when the FFL gets the paperwork back, they might call? They might not?

For example, I bought a handgun on March 8. I think I was close in the paperwork being Not Disapproved anyway when my FFL just released it to me on May 29. I never heard anything since. I was curious if I would ever get the formal Not Disapproved.

Thoughts anyone?

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    I was told by a dealer that as long as you are not disapproved you wouldn't hear anything, it was if for some reason you do get disapproved you would be notified and have to deal with MSP on the situation. I figure no news is good news! Lol

iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013
    I was told by a dealer that as long as you are not disapproved you wouldn't hear anything, it was if for some reason you do get disapproved you would be notified and have to deal with MSP on the situation. I figure no news is good news! Lol

That's what I have experienced. I have picked up several guns over the last 6 months on 8th days and haven't gotten any ND paperwork. I do have my copy from the dealers, just not completed with the NICS number

Bagpiperer

Mar 23, 2013
    Pretty sure the mass of paperwork at MSP licensing will form a singularity by October 1st...

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

That is what I assumed.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011

So what are you saying? One could never hear from the MSP and will have to either cancel the transaction or hope the FFL will release the firearm? I'm at 90 days now, and I'm about to say eff it, give me my money back.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    So what are you saying? One could never hear from the MSP and will have to either cancel the transaction or hope the FFL will release the firearm? I'm at 90 days now, and I'm about to say eff it, give me my money back.

He's referring to 8th day release... the FFL won't bother to call you when paperwork finally arrives unless the MSP returns a "disapproved".

In the case of dealers not releasing "early", they will most definitely call you to pick up when they get paperwork back. You should only have another week or so to go if you are at 90 days now.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    He's referring to 8th day "early" release... the FFL won't bother to call you unless the MSP returns a "disapproved".

In the case of dealers not releasing on time, they will most definitely call you to pick up when they get paperwork back. You should have another week or so to go at this point if you are at 90 days now.

I hope so. I'm not upset with the FFL, but the politicians and the MSP. I've been patient so far, but now I'm getting pissed. Eff this state.

rwg107

Feb 5, 2013

Sounds logical to me. Thanks guys for the insights!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom