• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patriot001

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 2, 2013
    Ok call me a cod fanboy, but ever since modern warfare 2 I've wanted one of these. So they are now available for civilian use, I want to buy one but the are other weapons I wanna buy before the 0 malley regime outlaws them. If they are on the ban list I will get 1 asap, if not ill get rifles that are on the ban list 1st. I'm an ak head at heart, but always wanted something exotic in the collection as well. P.S. it looks like it take m16 mags, can I use my ar mags with this weapon?

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Been discussed here a lot - not banned by name, but current models won't meet the OAL limit. Get one before October...

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Currently, they are cash and carry (provided you can find one in a store). After Oct 1, they will be illegal without modification before bringing into state. They are too short for SB281.

They take standard AR/M16 mags.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Currently, they are cash and carry (provided you can find one in a store). After Oct 1, they will be illegal without modification before bringing into state. They are too short for SB281.

They take standard AR/M16 mags.

Yes, but think how much safer we will be.

mdcktt21

Jan 25, 2013
    Central MD
    Ok call me a cod fanboy, but ever since modern warfare 2 I've wanted one of these. So they are now available for civilian use, I want to buy one but the are other weapons I wanna buy before the 0 malley regime outlaws them. If they are on the ban list I will get 1 asap, if not ill get rifles that are on the ban list 1st. I'm an ak head at heart, but always wanted something exotic in the collection as well. P.S. it looks like it take m16 mags, can I use my ar mags with this weapon?

I have one. Takes AR mags and everyone I've tried has been perfect. The one it comes with (Elander I think) is not the best but PMags and CMags lock up perfectly.

It's fun and natural to shoot and easy to clean. Get one prior to 10/1.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I have one. Takes AR mags and everyone I've tried has been perfect. The one it comes with (Elander I think) is not the best but PMags and CMags lock up perfectly.

It's fun and natural to shoot and easy to clean. Get one prior to 10/1.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You guys keep making me jealous, I have been hoping to snag one in PA but may need to break down and put gunbroker money on one. Very very fine handling gun...........

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    Would a MD resident be able to buy one out of state, assuming they were actually able to find one at a gun shop, without transferring into the state through an FFL...Seeing as how it is cash and carry, unregulated in MD???

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Not to be brash, but the search tool and Google are your friends.

Tavors are unregulated in md. Period. They will be banned after Oct 1st because of features, but not by name.

Sent from my hacked mobile device of destiny.

mdcktt21

Jan 25, 2013
    Central MD
    Would a MD resident be able to buy one out of state, assuming they were actually able to find one at a gun shop, without transferring into the state through an FFL...Seeing as how it is cash and carry, unregulated in MD???

Right now, yes. Assuming the FFL in the other state will sell it to you (just saw that Bass Pro in VA would not sell a MD resident a Mini 14). After Oct 1, I understand it gets a bit more tricky. There is a thread about it somewhere, but basically since it would be too short to be sold in MD, it would need to be altered to the correct length prior to the MD resident buying it.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013

Yes, provided you are buying from an out of state dealer that knows MD law. If so they will take your license and do a NICS like an in-state dealer would for cash and carry.

C-130_MAC

May 3, 2013
    Had mine shipped from Aim Surplus to a FFL in VA to get the 30 rd magazine.

So did you have to pay VA tax?

I have a Tavor on order - easy for me to pick up in VA or MD - (MD would have to dump the mag). Any diff between to two states FFL other than the mag?

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    If they made one with a 20" barrel, that would be ok after oct 1, but so far they do not. Maybe we should all contact IMI about having a "sporter model" with 20" barrel? Push it as a hunting and competition sports firearm.

BTW I saw something recently about CA having the size restriction back in 2010, so this under 30" thing in the orginal bill was a CA thing. Anyone know what BS gobbledegook CA used for justifying this? MD obviously just used the Commiefornia model without any idea of why.

Jeproks

Jan 8, 2013
    So did you have to pay VA tax?

I have a Tavor on order - easy for me to pick up in VA or MD - (MD would have to dump the mag). Any diff between to two states FFL other than the mag?

No sale tax. Only had to pay $38 transfer fee. BTW, I did the transfer with Grant Pinto of High Caliber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom