• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Not sure how not getting a HQL (in order to buy a handgun) is some kind of effective protest or does anything. It is a burden, but far less of one than people go through to get a wear and carry in Maryland. The HQL seems to be fairly automatic after jumping through the hoops. Not so much so for people applying to carry.

chipd

May 20, 2017
    I like to be able to take my guns around and use them. With an HQL and collectors license, I can buy whatever I want and take it around and shoot it without having to worry about it. All for less than a tire. Meanwhile, we have people here trying to justify having the same rights as a criminal based on their "principles"

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    I like to be able to take my guns around and use them. With an HQL and collectors license, I can buy whatever I want and take it around and shoot it without having to worry about it. All for less than a tire. Meanwhile, we have people here trying to justify having the same rights as a criminal based on their "principles"

Where did you get this idea that you need a HQL to transport and use a handgun? Are you really this misinformed?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I don't recommend anyone browbeat their fellow Marylander for getting or not getting the HQL. Want a handgun here and don't have the means to make your own and don't want c&r? Get the HQL. Don't like the HQL, have handguns you want already, or have the previously mentioned means to get more? Do that.

Different people have different principles.

It's a crappy law and it does prevent a ton of law-abiding people from buying or acquiring handguns.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    And this is exactly why these bull s--t laws come to be. The antis know we will bow down and accept them. Even make excuses why there not all that bad.

This doesn't hurt MD. It's what they want. It does hurt your LGS, because they lose revenue.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I have plenty of guns, I take them around and shoot them all the time. The HQL does nothing but hurt local gun shops, where law-abiding, tax paying citizens might otherwise shop. It does nothing to deter crime and no, it won't go away, not a chance.

I would have no issues if it did, in some way, deter crime or help to protect the legal citizens of the state, but alas, it really doesn't.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Where did you get this idea that you need a HQL to transport and use a handgun? Are you really this misinformed?

I think you are misreading him. His HQL lets him buy handguns, his collector status lets him buy unlimited guns and transport them wherever he wants (apart from prohibited places), even if those places are not on the list of acceptable transportation locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    tvblogmad.png

The way things are going, just wait 4 years and 100 days from President Trump's inauguration. It's likely to be National as the "progressives" progress. The courts haven't read the Constitution in decades. The convention of States is the only way to stop this now. I'm ready to buy handguns again. It's not like I haven't been fingerprinted before and, I have the fiat currency.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There is no case law that gives the holder of a DC letter carte blanche to transport firearms anywhere since there is no legal definition of Bona Fide collector

there are many opinions on what the DC letter allows but it's not spelled out in the statute

IANAL but use caution

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    There is no case law that gives the holder of a DC letter carte blanche to transport firearms anywhere since there is no legal definition of Bona Fide collector

there are many opinions on what the DC letter allows but it's not spelled out in the statute

IANAL but use caution

Agree with this in total.

DC letter certainly doesn't give you free reign to travel as you please around the state with handguns.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    This doesn't hurt MD. It's what they want. It does hurt your LGS, because they lose revenue.

It only hurts my LGS because no LGS owners (at least none I have found) seem willing to cater to those into building 80% firearms. I would gladly support an LGS that I could drive to and pickup a 1911 or Sig or Glock parts kit.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    June 20 will be interesting.

Attachments

• Reply on motion to dismiss.pdf
      217.4 KB · Views: 126

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads