• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Before ordering any, knives, bullets, powder, primers, loaded ammunition and long gun and handgun components, KNOW YOUR FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS

doesnt say.. i assume they will if needed.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Yeah, it says that you have to have proof of age on file before ordering. You can fax, email, or mail a copy of your license to them.

You must have proof of age on file with us before you order these items. If you are ordering for the first time a copy of your drivers license showing your birth date is needed before the orders can be accepted or taken. We will put this on file for future orders and do not require you to send it again. You may mail, email or fax us a copy of your drivers license

do'h didnt read past the first paragraph.. oops.

Punch84

Mar 29, 2009
    Carroll County
    I emailed my ID to them several weeks ago to place an order. Received a return email several hours later thanking me and letting me know they would keep it on file for future purchases. Skeptical at first but looking around on the web, more and more are requiring this.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    I emailed my ID to them several weeks ago to place an order. Received a return email several hours later thanking me and letting me know they would keep it on file for future purchases. Skeptical at first but looking around on the web, more and more are requiring this.

Yea i've noticed it's becoming quite prevalent as well....Normally I would say screw em but 1080 rds of 5.45x39 in a spam can for $135.....hard to pass that up...

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    It makes no sense, You can send them any ID, showing or providing ID only works if there is a person who can visually verify the ID provided. Just about as secure of putting a checkbox there to click to verify over 18 or 21.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    It makes no sense, You can send them any ID, showing or providing ID only works if there is a person who can visually verify the ID provided. Just about as secure of putting a checkbox there to click to verify over 18 or 21.

I would think it is just like a C&R FFL, they will only ship to the address on the ID?
    Some still ship ammo Adult Signature Required.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    AimSurplus does this too and so did whatever company in texas I used to order my AR57 upper. Seems par for the course.

But they make you scan your ID or take a picture of it... I'm not sure what you're saying here.

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    It makes no sense, You can send them any ID, showing or providing ID only works if there is a person who can visually verify the ID provided.

And that is why they ship everything "signature >18 required". Yeah, you can still get your friend to give you his ID and your mother to sign the shipping but there is no really foolproof way. The only thing this whole affair is about is cma on the vendor side, nothing more nothing less.

btw: they accept a C&R as proof of age as well

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    I would like to see how secure they keep those files. That is an ID thief dream cache right there. A nice copy of a whole bunch of copies of drivers licenses and other ID's.

requiring an ID scanned or photoed online is dumb, if some kid wants ammo shipped in they are going to take Mom or Dad Id, scan it in and use it to order the stuff they want. I think we can all agree there is some adult living in the household. This requiring a scanned copy of an ID is nothing more than a wishy washy feel good policy.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Well I made a purchase with Wideners, lady over the phone said something along the lines of they only require you to fax a copy of your ID on phone orders and that I was fine on online orders....I guess the fax does carry about as much weight as a checkbox on the website as ffemtreed said :lol2: As far as the signature thats supposed to be obtained by the delivery guy....I've had thousands of rounds delivered and they always just dropped it on my doorstep lol. I don't see that changing this time.

Rockerspsl

Apr 10, 2011
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I think it someone goes through the trouble of fraudulently giving them a copy of an ID, it absolves the company of any wrong doing. It's kind of like saying that upstanding citizens will do the right thing, but those that don't are responsible for their own actions, not the retailer.

I had to send a copy of mine to aimsurplus.com as well, I hesitated at first, but realized it wasn't any different than a dealership having a copy of someone's driver license before giving them the keys for a test drive.

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    Unless something has changed recently, you can create an account on their website and order without providing ID. You do have to give your DOB, though. I don't think they require an adult signature on delivery either.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I've had a couple cases of .40 and 5.56 delivered and didn't have to send an ID. I just created my account within the past 6-8 weeks so something could have changed but I had a delivery from them this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom