• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    It's a free market economy boys.

I don't understand why everyone is getting angry about this. Gun dealers make a profit, why can't an individual?

If you don't want to pay the higher price, no one is forcing you.

This is basically what was happening in NYC after Sandy -- guys with fuel were willing to sell it at an increased price. I see nothing wrong with that.

No one here, especially myself, has anything against a free market economy. It drives my business and puts food on my table. But there is a very big difference in how some approach it vs. how it should be approached.

And Im not angry. Its an interesting conversation in my eyes. Ive said multiple times that I dont take any of this personally. djleepanda is defensive for a reason and many here know why. Otherwise why would he keep trying to come up (unsuccessfully I might add) with reasons to justify his practices?

laurel75

Apr 18, 2013
    Long time lurker here and decided to register after what I'm seeing here.

Panda is nothing but a self glorified served in the Marines I'm entitled to everything kind of individual. Can't believe he's the President and founder of UMBC Rifle & Pistol Club. I think he founded it to satisfy my first statement.

A month ago, I saw selling a can of XM855 5.56 ammo and he contacted me about doing a trade for his Fail Zero BCG that he claims he paid $400. Asked him what else he have for sale and he mentioned he have a BCM upper that he wants $1200.

Looked up the upper on BCM's website they are selling it for $960 shipped.

This is my exchange with him:

Me: How much for the bcm upper? Ammo + $$ on my part?

Panda: I need cash for this. Not really interested in trades +$$...but I can maybe do 900 + ammo.

So he is giving me $60 for my 420rd ammo. Since I'm not really interested in the trade, I told him

Me: We are too part apart to make this happen. Good luck on your sale.

Panda: Lol what did you think your surplus ammo and like 200 bucks? lol.

Apparently I offended his big ego when I refused to do the trade. He's a Obama hating e-thug.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

Panda is nothing but a self glorified served in the Marines I'm entitled to everything kind of individual. Can't believe he's the President and founder of UMBC Rifle & Pistol Club. I think he founded it to satisfy my first statement.

A month ago, I saw selling a can of XM855 5.56 ammo and he contacted me about doing a trade for his Fail Zero BCG that he claims he paid $400. Asked him what else he have for sale and he mentioned he have a BCM upper that he wants $1200.

Panda: I need cash for this. Not really interested in trades +$$...but I can maybe do 900 + ammo.

So he is giving me $60 for my 420rd ammo. Since I'm not really interested in the trade, I told him

Apparently I offended his big ego when I refused to do the trade. He's a Obama hating e-thug.

Well, DJ is correct about Obama. He is a turd.

djleepanda

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 10, 2011
    Elkridge

On BCM it is listed 960 shipped for stripped without charging handle and bcg and I offer it to you for 900 brand new. with bcg and CH it comes to 1250+ and I offered for below that price. so $900 + 420 ammo($350 in value or 83cents/1 round) is what I wanted on your end of the deal. What the hell are you smoking?

and here is the receipt for my failzero.

What are you guys doing? and what does my service for my country have to do with anything? e-thug? I am not entitled to anything other than to what I own and my liberties. This....wow. This is is ridiculous. I've never been so discouraged, especially from a forum of so called conservatives who believe in liberty, yet won't accept free market.

Attachments

• 20130418_143657.jpg
      20130418_143657.jpg
      76.8 KB · Views: 216

djleepanda

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 10, 2011
    Elkridge
    I even told you I would give you my receipt. Basically I offered you my items below what I put into it. Some of you owe me an apology.

CosmicP25

Jan 19, 2013
    Parkville
    It's more discouraging seeing Marylanders selling overly inflated prices to each other.

We're already taking it from behind from O'Malley, but gouging your neighbors is just DP w/no lube.

Le sigh.

laurel75

Apr 18, 2013
    On BCM it is listed 960 shipped for stripped without charging handle and bcg and I offer it to you for 900 brand new. with bcg and CH it comes to 1250+ and I offered for below that price. so $900 + 420 ammo($350 in value or 83cents/1 round) is what I wanted on your end of the deal. What the hell are you smoking?

I even told you I would give you my receipt. Basically I offered you my items below what I put into it. Some of you owe me an apology.

Your ad specifically mentioned no BCG or Charging handle. Your problem you paid $400 a BCG/hammer combo. The same item was $231 shipped from Advance Tactical when you emailed me.

Apology? What will you asked next, R-E-S-P-E-C-T ? Those are earned not entitled.

djleepanda

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 10, 2011
    Elkridge
    Your ad specifically mentioned no BCG or Charging handle. Your problem you paid $400 a BCG/hammer combo. The same item was $231 shipped from Advance Tactical when you emailed me.

Apology? What will you asked next, R-E-S-P-E-C-T ? Those are earned not entitled.

CHECK MY AD ITS STILL UP. SAME AD YOU MESSAGED ME FOR. It specifically states what is included and what I want for it.

Respect? I have earned it already.

If you want to discuss this I am available right now. I don't understand what your problem is when I specifically offered to suit your needs on the deal. 1250 for all bcm upper, DD free float ris iii, failzero, bcmgunfighter is a hell of a deal. You are clearly wrong.

laurel75

Apr 18, 2013
    CHECK MY AD ITS STILL UP. SAME AD YOU MESSAGED ME FOR. It specifically states what is included and what I want for it.

If you want to discuss this I am available right now. I don't understand what your problem is when I specifically offered to suit your needs on the deal. 1250 for all bcm upper, DD free float ris iii, failzero, bcmgunfighter is a hell of a deal. You are clearly wrong.

We all know you got mad editing skills. Link I have for your ad says "This listing has been deactivated by the seller. You will no longer be able to contact the seller."

My problem was you can't handle being turned down. Wished you luck on your sale and you come back to me saying my surplus ammo +$200 lol.

Don't like the taste of your own medicine.

Wilda

Jan 21, 2013
    Westminster
    You can say that Panda is a bad guy for trying to make a profit, but I can also turn around and say that all of you aren't contributing to the forum by bashing other members. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Same thing I tell people who are anti-gun.

Also, Laurel75, concerning your comment about Panda being in the Marines... which branch of the military did you serve in? I personally don't see a problem with someone displaying pride at honorably serving as a USMC NCO.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Well I have 25,000+ rounds of assorted 5.56 and .223 in storage and I am selling them for my price. End of the story and if people have a problem with that, so be it. For all I care I can sell em for a dollar a piece and people would still buy them :). Time to make some money in Chantilly this weekend.

Actually, no you aren't....at least not here.

Goodbye.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    CHECK MY AD ITS STILL UP. SAME AD YOU MESSAGED ME FOR.

Youve already showed that youve changed the text in your ads before so that cant be trusted.

And you havent earned my respect. I cant speak for others opinion on the matter.

And what you call a deal is no such thing. I just built an upper with ALL BCM parts 2 weeks ago. The parts were as follows and all parts were purchased within the last 2 months and were brand new:

BCM upper (M4 marked) $140
    BCM BCG $225
    BCM 16" BFH Mid Length $309
    BCM Low Profile Gas Block and gas tube $58
    BCM Gunfighter Mod4 charging handle $36
    BCM Barrel Nut $9
    Troy 13" Alpha Rail $160
    BCM A2 Flashider $8

Total = $945

Even when you consider the price difference between the DD rail on yours and the Troy rail I used (Id estimate a $175 price difference) you only come to $1120 as the value of your upper. So you werent cutting him a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom