Widener's $265 Walther P1...Here already?!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    z774.jpg

Short answer, Yes. Ordered on Saturday. Here today via BBT.

'snice. A bit of wear on the frame and slide, and some "meh, whatever" scratches on the grips, but...all in all, Bro-Tier service from Widener's. Came with two mags--one P1 mag and one P38 mag, so...bonus..

Behold!

mu9b.jpg

7zis.jpg

54xz.jpg

aml1.jpg

It's matching, and appears to be a German Army, Walther factory rebuild based on this criteria...It's got a later-stamped W-frame number indicating it was a Walther rebuild, and no BMI stamp. What that means in the broad scale of things? :shrug:

I like the extra P38 mag, tho.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    wonders if he should order one and go even deeper in debt. You guys are killing me

No froshen' kidding! I find I now have 3 CZ82's. Why? I'm not sure. I feel bad because I missed out on the Toks. I have a round receiver Mosin coming. Why? I don't know because Mosin's are like Lays potato chips, you have just one. I have a P1 and I can hit anything with it! So maybe I need another one to see if it's me or the P1. :banghead:

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    No froshen' kidding! I find I now have 3 CZ82's. Why? I'm not sure. I feel bad because I missed out on the Toks. I have a round receiver Mosin coming. Why? I don't know because Mosin's are like Lays potato chips, you have just one. I have a P1 and I can hit anything with it! So maybe I need another one to see if it's me or the P1. :banghead:

Yeah, I had 2 mosins, till someone posted that damn $100 one from wideners so now I'll have 3...

Had 2 SKSs till Classic emailed about their sino soviets, now I have 4....,

then someone posted the CZ82s from AIM and I dont have one, so I ordered that,

then this P1, yeah was thinking about one.....and now I ordered one, why, cuz I missed the $125 Tok....

. JFC is there a Firearms anonymous chapter somewhere??

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Yeah, I had 2 mosins, till someone posted that damn $100 one from wideners so now I'll have 3...

then this P1, yeah was thinking about one.....and now I ordered one, why, cuz I missed the $125 Tok....

The first step is admitting you have a problem, so good for you. I'm glad I don't have a problem.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    The first step is admitting you have a problem, so good for you. I'm glad I don't have a problem.

well Im not positive I have a problem, im just worried that other people will think I have a problem....like when I comb their sofa for lost change to fund ammo purchases n such.....

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

No; here we have 'Firearms Enabling, Anonymously'......:lol2:

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    They're still showing as in stock...was that from a previous batch?

Marko,
    Is that from Wideners? I thought they said they did not have Hex pins?

Yes, I got it from Wideners, there were two models, one was a "short" version and a "long" version. I got the last of the long versions.

That's what I thought, no hex, but when I got it the hex was there. Stronger with the hex I'm told.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Yes, I got it from Wideners, there were two models, one was a "short" version and a "long" version. I got the last of the long versions.

That's what I thought, no hex, but when I got it the hex was there. Stronger with the hex I'm told.

You lucked out! I'm still very happy with my no pin long serrations, but you got the bell of the ball!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Lucky!

TripleChris

Apr 10, 2009
    Pasadena, MD
    I love mine. Mine is also a 1976 build.

In SA its a brilliant range gun. In DA, eh, I guess I'll give it a pass considering it was a pioneering design from an era when DA operation was brand new. Trigger pull in DA is pretty terrible compared to new DA/SA guns.

I shot some hot 124 gr 9mm NATO (white and black Winchester box) out of it. The trigger bar got a running lateral crack afterwards. I ordered a replacement part on gunbroker (there is a lot of p38/p1 stuff on there) and its now good as new. Definitely a shooter, but it doesn't like hot ammo. I'm sticking with 115 gr reloads from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom