• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Namen

Jan 22, 2008
    essex
    Ok as i understood it we cant get 30rnd mags i knew that but why is it Aim wont sell 20rnd mags to md?

<<<<<MP-Mag217 Magpul Polymer 20rd .223 AR15/M16 PMAG Magazine

<Item#MP-Mag217
    Another revolutionary product from Magpul... Introducing the 20rd PMAG. The PMAG is a lightweight 5.56 NATO, M-16 compatible magazine. Features a pop-off storage/dust cover that alleviates pressure from the magazine feed lips, Anti-tilt follower for increased reliability, and Textured gripping surface. Very limited quantities!

$.01 Cent Shipping on this Item!*
    *48 States, This item only.

Not for sale in CA,MA,MD,NJ,& NY.>>>>

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    You will find that there numerous companies that will not ship certain articles to MD since the laws are so convoluted that even the MSP and those that live here can't interpret them.

They choose to adopt the better safe than sorry mantra.

It illustrates all too well what would happen if we had adopted the ammo serialization regulations. Companies would just refuse to comply and there would be a defacto ban on firearms in MD because there would be no ammo available.

BILGERATED

Feb 20, 2008
    Aberdeen
    I've noticed this a lot. Many company's out there don't bother to update themselves on our laws and still believe that we are a 10 round state. It's lame but the truth. Did you call them and ask? I would love to have a couple of those.

baddevildog82

May 2, 2008
    Arbutus
    We can'thave 30 rd mags in Maryland? Is this for purchasing only? I just traded for an M4 and the guy is including 2 30 rd mags. Am I ok, or should i tell him not to ship?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    We can'thave 30 rd mags in Maryland? Is this for purchasing only? I just traded for an M4 and the guy is including 2 30 rd mags. Am I ok, or should i tell him not to ship?

It is illegal to transfer, receive, purchase or sell 30 rounders within the state boundaries of MD.

It is not illegal to >possess< them.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Namen... AIM does sell magazines up to but not over 20 rounds, to Maryland residents. This is probably just a clerical error, I've gotten 20 round magazines from them before even though the ad said no Maryland sales for that item.

baddevildog... it's not legal for a Maryland resident to receive magazines greater than 20 rounds. It's generally accepted that IF you purchase and take posession of them out of state, it's o.k. to bring them in to Maryland, as there isn't a ban on POSSESSION - in fact I know of some cops with 30 round magazines for their personal guns.

But, you could run afoul of the law if you accepted a shipment of 30-round magazines.

baddevildog82

May 2, 2008
    Arbutus
    Thanks for the heads up guys. I let him know and will have them shipped seperatly to a friend in PA. I did a quick seach of the forum and the first thread was about a group buy in DE for 30 rd mags. I didn't read any further about it. Glad I saw this thread.

Namen

Jan 22, 2008
    essex
    Thanks i knew some companies played it safer then sorry and about the no buying of 30rnd but i was looking into getting some and those that i copied seemed realy nice so i was goign to get them till i saw the fine red print that said no MD shipping. though it seems to be a misprint in the add. probaly going to order 4 after i get paid this week

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    http://www.44mag.com

44 Mag will sell rebuild kits direct to MD. They are disassembled mags, any capacity. You can get 20 rounders from them in MD, fully assembled. They seem to be up on the law.

I have ordered quite a few 30 round rebuild kits from them. For rebuilding mags I already owned of course. :D

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    AIM will sell you 20 round mags, as well as AK's, etc, that say "no MD" on them on the website. I think it's just a paste-in phrase or something they use on those ads. They are also one of the few companies who you can call and explain MD's crazy laws to them, and they are willing to listen and adjust their sales policies accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom