• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    Hi, Just joined the forum.
    I was born and raised in West Virginia, but moved away 25 years ago. Just recently purchased a large plot of land back there in the mountains where my nearest neighbor is a mile away. The land came with a 200 year old hand hewn log house on it. I can sit on the back porch and shoot 300 yards to the tree line all day long with no worry in the world. Sure beats the crap out of Maryland!

If you don't mind me asking, how much land and how much money? I was thinking about a purchase in the future. Thanks.:)

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Pushrod??? Does that mean your a General Motors man since they are the only ones left still using that technology? Welcome to the Forum-anyone that owns a chunk of land is a hero to me (especially if they're Chevy fans :)).

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Pushrod??? Does that mean your a General Motors man since they are the only ones left still using that technology?

Yup. When you can still get a car out of the factory with over 500hp and weighs just over 3000lbs, why change?

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Thanks for all your welcomes!
    Yep VNVGunner that'd be me!
    Was called Pushrod because of an older bike I have and the wrenchin' I had to it on a cross country ride a long time ago.
    The property is in Mountain Lake region of central WV. We purchased our land with the house which is surrounded by Timber Company land for about $1,000.00 an acre. I've seen deals in the area for property as low as $500.00 an acre. It is a beautiful area with an elevation over 3000', lots of game and thick forests. We specifically purchased out there because of the way the gun laws (and other laws) were going here in Maryland. I'd like to see more like minded people buying land and moving out there.

Just wish they would honor non-resident concealed carries!

Huntinfool

Sep 30, 2007
    WV
    :lol2::beer::gun1:

West Virginia - The BYOBAG (Bring your own Beer and Guns) State.

West Virginia - Don't have a gun, we'll loan ya ours.

Well I'll not loan you mine at all! But I might loan ya the better half's!! :lol:

Hello Fellows, I'm new here but am a proud Mountaineer except for last Friday's game! I'm from the Western part of the state.

Chuck

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Someone has to defend WV's LOL!

Dang ya'll giving WV crap like we give KY crap! LOL!:D

Chuck

I'm a West Virginian at heart.

Marylanders might be more educated, but West Virginians are far smarter.....especially the politicians.

Huntinfool....welcome to the forum. I checked your website listed on your profile and I LOVE the pictures! You really are a Huntin' Fool!

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'm a West Virginian at heart.

Marylanders might be more educated, but West Virginians are far smarter.....especially the politicians.

Yup, just look at that Byrd guy, Associate-District-Manager-Grand-Wizard-whatever of the KKK and gets elected to the Senate seat of the Party Of Tolerance (tm) year, after, year after year. He's one smart sum-a-bitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom