Why should you learn how to shoot while inside your vehicle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    Because carjackings and kidnappings happen in small town America, as well as big cities. This woman was pulled from her vehicle in Lone Tree, Colorado and her car was stolen with her 4 year old child inside.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/03/...g16|dl27|sec1_lnk3&pLid=453536#!slide=2484471

1947723_10152044248074930_1842799127_n.jpg

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    The same is true for shooting in your house. The sound at any time and the flash at night can be difficult if you don't practice for these situations. Got to have a plan!!

Evil Twin

Jun 13, 2009
    Looks like a good capital punishment case to me. Not because he stole the car, that's just stuff. He stole her kid and compounded the problem when he endangered the child when he fled from the police. Add to that the attempted murder of the officer, whether he meant to or not, should give him a free ticket to ride the lightnin'. Just because you suck at killing someone doesn't mean you didn't try. The penalty should be the same either way.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well, I would like to add... Why a driver should exercise security awareness when in their vehicle. Safe distances, escape routes and head on a swivel while stopped.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Looks like a good capital punishment case to me. Not because he stole the car, that's just stuff. He stole her kid and compounded the problem when he endangered the child when he fled from the police. Add to that the attempted murder of the officer, whether he meant to or not, should give him a free ticket to ride the lightnin'. Just because you suck at killing someone doesn't mean you didn't try. The penalty should be the same either way.

Yeah, I'll never understand why there's a lesser punishment for attempted murder. :sad20:

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    How about not leaving your car running with the doors unlocked and your keys and kid in the car when going into the gas station?

And keep your car doors locked when driving around.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    One of the drills done at a CMCT Combat Pistol II Course was to start with seat belt buckled and a threat at your window. The threat was less the a foot from the window and we had to talk to the attacker as we undid our seat belt as if we were going for our wallet then pull our weapon instead and shoot the bad guy. We were in was Adam's personal truck which really made you a bit more tense as you were doing the drill. He would not be a very happy camper if we had shot up his truck. I found it was a good drill for modern life in the big city as we see and hear that this type of thing happens all the time. Chris

Last edited:

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    How about not leaving your car running with the doors unlocked and your keys and kid in the car when going into the gas station?

And keep your car doors locked when driving around.

This times 1000, locked doors and a foot on the accelerator would most likely stop any of these from happening. Unfortunately a lot of people give up way too easily. What, your kids aren't worth fighting for? I see snow on the ground, so were the doors unlocked and window down as well, sheep!

On the other hand, in a Jeep without doors on it's a whole different ballgame, I know this from experience and living near Patterson Pk. for 5 years. The guy who tried it with me is probably in a wheelchair if he hasn't overdosed by now, I sleep just fine at night all the same, @#%& him!

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    In Maryland you just drive a hoopty with an 1/8th tank of gas. Even if they take it they won't get far. What is this shoot from the car you speak of? :lol2:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Off hand practice is a necessity. We teach concepts about securing the gun elsewhere (other than your holster) in the vehicle while driving. Makes access easier.

Around town traffic driving, mine is usually right under my thigh. A lefty would basically be making a contact shot. Regardless, that left arm has got to get up and grab that guys weapon or palm on the headliner. Way too easy to shoot it.
    Had a co worker ventilate a guy with six shots when he was approached in a parking lot while eating something.
    Being alert and car position is key. I hate seeing cops sitting somewhere writing reports or something totally oblivious. Scary thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom