• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I have seen no one who has a vested interest in this (i.e. actually owns a gun store) post in this thread. Whole lot of opinion until you own a shop. We are in America as well, which means folks who own something can do what they like with their stuff.

I personally hope that each one of you that doesn't like it when a shop doesn't post prices stays away from the shop that I buy my guns from, more for me and those that don't care about the price but are more concerned with customer service after the sale. Happy shopping!!!

Scott's Gunsmithing

Industry Partner
    Mar 21, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD
    We list and post prices openly. We dont act in secrecy or violate map agreements.

In my 35 years of being in this business the industry partners here are the first that I have witnessed such secrecy in pricing. I never see internet retailers like Joebobs not post prices. The only odd internet site that does not post prices is the silencershop.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    :thumbsup:

I'm good with that answer.

Come in and act right, get your discounted price.

Come in and act the fool, Hello markup!!

The ******* tax is the oldest and most effective one. Some people really do.deserve it...

Be easy and any IP should treat you well. The less earning your business seems like a chore to them, the better it is for everyone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I have seen no one who has a vested interest in this (i.e. actually owns a gun store) post in this thread.

My shop won't post here because their actions speaks louder than any post!! Thanks Engage!

1. Pics of inventory
    2. Price in thread
    Everything a potential buyer wants to know, guess where?? In the thread! :party29:

Dec 2, 2012
    Its been my experience that posting prices on a forum or thread post always ends up leading to some trolls posting comments about how its not a good deal or they can find it better here or there. Not that they ever have any intention of buying anything, just like to stir up controversy and create drama.

I used to post prices od deals or sales for my products and there is always someone who just likes to troll and bash your produt or prices.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    We list and post prices openly. We dont act in secrecy or violate map agreements.

In my 35 years of being in this business the industry partners here are the first that I have witnessed such secrecy in pricing. I never see internet retailers like Joebobs not post prices. The only odd internet site that does not post prices is the silencershop.

I was not going to post in here, but you drug me into it :D

The only thing we hide pricing on is Magpul items, due to MAP agreements and Magpul slapping our pee-pees a long while back.

(Obviously we're a newish competitor in the market, but I think I understand the market well enough to make the following statements)

IMO, the INDUSTRY as a whole is moving to a more transparent, open business model. We're no longer selling products like used car salesmen. Customers no longer have to haggle a price down, as a rule.

We run our local gunshop like we do our online business. A fair price, listed on the price-tag, all day long. It doesn't matter if a woman walks into our shop to purchase her first firearm, as she'll get the same price as the next guy who is a haggler and a long time customer. You'd be amazed at how many women in the local community buy firearms from us. Many will "have their dad's check on the price", and many will come back with positive results. The "game" of screwing over knowledgeable customers isn't a very sustainable long-term business model, IMO. If a dealer wants to get $500 out of a firearm, then he should put that on the tag. Dealers SHOULD make money on turnover, not on a high price tag.

The internet has been transforming our industry. Local shops are having to compete very heavily with online shops. Obviously transfer fees negate things a bit. Due to such, IMO, not posting prices for customers to see is obnoxious and arachaic.

I deeply appreciate MOST of our customer's business....however I don't want to send an email or answer a phone call for every single purchase, for every single firearm, just to simply give pricing, over and over and over again. That seems like a broken record.

Some customers will always troll. We had a FB customer today make a comment of "Seems high" for a Springfield XDs for $570 :rolleyes:

You can't avoid that as a business owner, regardless if you post prices or not.

I feel a gun shop should post what they feel is a fair price for the inventory (and mention it is a cash price or only available for a limited time if needed), and then do what they do best: Sell Guns.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

The only thing we hide pricing on is Magpul items, due to MAP agreements and Magpul slapping our pee-pees a long while back.

(Obviously we're a newish competitor in the market, but I think I understand the market well enough to make the following statements)

IMO, the INDUSTRY as a whole is moving to a more transparent, open business model. We're no longer selling products like used car salesmen. Customers no longer have to haggle a price down, as a rule.

We run our local gunshop like we do our online business. A fair price, listed on the price-tag, all day long. It doesn't matter if a woman walks into our shop to purchase her first firearm, as she'll get the same price as the next guy who is a haggler and a long time customer. You'd be amazed at how many women in the local community buy firearms from us. Many will "have their dad's check on the price", and many will come back with positive results. The "game" of screwing over knowledgeable customers isn't a very sustainable long-term business model, IMO. If a dealer wants to get $500 out of a firearm, then he should put that on the tag. Dealers SHOULD make money on turnover, not on a high price tag.

The internet has been transforming our industry. Local shops are having to compete very heavily with online shops. Obviously transfer fees negate things a bit. Due to such, IMO, not posting prices for customers to see is obnoxious and arachaic.

I deeply appreciate MOST of our customer's business....however I don't want to send an email or answer a phone call for every single purchase, for every single firearm, just to simply give pricing, over and over and over again. That seems like a broken record.

Some customers will always troll. We had a FB customer today make a comment of "Seems high" for a Springfield XDs for $570 :rolleyes:

I feel a gun shop should post what they feel is a fair price for the inventory (and mention it is a cash price or only available for a limited time if needed), and then do what they do best: Sell Guns.

:party29::party29::party29:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Awesome to see!!!!

Thanks to the shops owners who have now posted in this thread with opinions and practices that actually matter!!! :thumbsup:

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

F the FB jerk, have they looked at GB recently. No matter what, you're always going to have a bottom feeder.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I like to bring cash when I go to a shop and some of them are a long drive so it's nice to know what amount to get from the bank and bring. If they are way out of the ball park, I don't make the drive which is why I call first. I don't mind paying more for a hard to find gun but if you don't tell me when I call, I'm not coming and you lost a potential sale. And I've made more spur of the moment buys than I care to remember. It's bad enough dealing with car dealers, I'm not going to do it with gun shops.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    The shops that post prices and pictures and don't play games get or will get my business like Scott's, Engage, JoeBob, The Gun Shop, 2A :thumbsup:. I don't have time for secret prices, PMs and that nonsense:tdown: Customer service starts here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom