• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Talk to them about what though ? It was a simple purchase for a non regulated firearm. MSP has nothing to do with the transaction. It's the NICS/FEDS that are screwy.... That's why some states ( I think approx 10+ ) In those states IF & WHEN you have your ccw/hgp whatever, They bypass NICS, and the transaction goes through the STATE ( which ALSO checks Federal NICS Databases) to approve the purchase. BUT the States & ESPECIALLY MDSP has their act together.... Personally I WISH/think regulated OR non regulated purchases BOTH simply went through MDSP via 77r for me/us.
    Well, often, when someone fails a NICS, they get a visit from the state police. I know someone who had this happen to him.

Dataluss

To KEEP and BEAR ARMS, Shall NOT be Infringed.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2022
    Owings Mills MD
    I've heard of that happening..... THAT has NOT happened....to me !!! I would certainly THINK if MDSP, or any agency was to "Pay me the visit" That they would've looked me up, THOROUGHLY before coming !!! And they'd CLEARLY see I have my HGP, HQL, collector and my record is very, VERY clean.......
    Again that's why I say, NICS AND/OR the agents system is clearly BROKEN....But calling MSP may not be a bad idea.... I'd think they'd just say I would have to contact FBI. BECAUSE the problem is with THEM (FEDS) & not MDSP..... It's so frustrating. AND the FEDS/NICS/BIDEN/ATF all know it...

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've heard of that happening..... THAT has NOT happened !!! I would certainly THINK if MDSP, or any agency was to "Pay me the visit" That they would've looked me up, THOROUGHLY before coming !!! And they'd CLEARLY see I have my HGP, HQL, collector and my record is very, VERY clean.......
    Again that's why I say, NICS AND/OR the agents system is clearly BROKEN....But calling MSP may not be a bad idea.... I'd think they'd just say I would have to contact FBI. BECAUSE the problem is with THEM (FEDS) & not MDSP..... It's so frustrating. AND the FEDS/NICS/BIDEN/ATF all know it...
    It's entirely your call.

If it were me, I would inquire with the MSP, if for no other reason, to head off a 0400 visit and search.

Dataluss

To KEEP and BEAR ARMS, Shall NOT be Infringed.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2022
    Owings Mills MD
    It's entirely your call.

If it were me, I would inquire with the MSP, if for no other reason, to head off a 0400 visit and search.
    TBH, recently I've been thinking of calling in a lawyer to figure out THEIR MESS.... Have the Attorney send any necessary letters to FBI/NICS, to PREVENT an 0400 unsubstantiated attack !!! ( But that's why I have MY UPIN # ) I can see the dollars sailing out of my wallet SOLELY b/c of FBI/NICS eronious, PURPOSE denials, AND I'M sure thousands of others.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The purpose of all gun control is not for "safety" but to make firearms ownership by lawful individuals as onerous as possible.

That's why.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Well, often, when someone fails a NICS, they get a visit from the state police. I know someone who had this happen to him.
    Not always. I know several folks who have gotten a NICS denial, but no visit from any LE agency.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Didn't say always. I imagine it depends on the seriousness of the fail.
    I know of at least two that had what would equate to felony fails (military general court martial) and no visits. Up until those points they had no issues, but at some point, the military added the related offenses to the NICS database.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I know of at least two that had what would equate to felony fails (military general court martial) and no visits. Up until those points they had no issues, but at some point, the military added the related offenses to the NICS database.
    In my experience, a friend had a 40 year old PBJ from a different state.
    BTW, he had just gotten it annulled a year ago and unfortunately died two weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom