• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013
    Because after 10-1, we won't be able to buy a Single Barrel Shotgun without a background check.

That's already the case. It's just done in store.

My reason for "needing an AR"- I didn't have one until I was told I couldn't own one after oct 1. So I "needed" to plan for the future and possible needs that may come up. I think that's good enough.

TheYetti

Apr 8, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Since a shotgun doesn't have the accuracy and range past 100 yards needed to defend the +260 acre farm from scrap metal thieves (looking for pipe, fence wire, spare tractor parts and tools) and nuisance critters like ground hogs and random deer, the AR-15 is perfect. The light weight and accuracy beyond 300 yards allows a perfect package for easy carry since the farm has tall steep hills and a combination of walking and driving is the only way to get around. Plus a rifle with anything over 308 Win is going to be over kill on the pests we regularly deal with (except the occasional bear which is where the 1911 helps since the bears don't really bother us).

I didn't have an AR, I actually had an MSAR STG-556 with optics but the principle's just the same. It's too bad I don't have it anymore (traded it in for my 1911).

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Anyone have that "AR is like Barbie's for grown ups?" pic? Scanned this thread and didn't see it. Shocked, I tell ya. (unless I missed it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom