• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    They think they are buying something on the cheap that will be worth 20x as much in a year. It's wild speculation. It's greed and foolishness.

*edit * I'm referring to hoarding, not buying one or two spare parts just in case.

Last edited:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    why do people buy up milk, bread and toilet paper when a hurricane or snow storm is coming? Did everyone simultaneously run out of these things at the same time? Nope, they're buying now because they may not be available later. That mental freakout is pretty much what's driving this.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    There could be various reasons, and are, for people buying up all sorts of AR parts including BCG's.

Some could be finishing up a build and are willing to pay a little more to be done with it. Others could have the mentality of "2 is 1, 1 is none.", and want to have extra parts on hand if needed. Another reason is that parts will be in short supply for a while due to the huge amount of orders manufacturers are trying to fill.

It will take considerable time for parts & ammo to become readily available again.

olddawg

Feb 3, 2011
    Harford County
    They seemed to be in short supply before all the craziness. I know PSA had been out of stock for some time before the balloon went up.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Never hurts to have spare groups around. I picked up a chromed group at the last show and the only reason I got that is I bought an upper at the same time. Bolts and firing pins are useful AR spares.

Happening with everything. Only things that I seem to be able to find are furniture for various EBRs in "other than black" colors and a smattering of compliance parts. I've had no trouble getting, strangely, AK trigger groups. That's because the only people who want them are those who already have now sold out parts kits to build on.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom