• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    the op talks about freshwater but i do see some bay talk, so...

was down at melbourne florida mid october and hit the pier at sebastian inlet state park. saw a handful of keeper snook, guys casting out live shrimp and finger mullet. gonna bring my gear down when i go back in january. also want to check out the pier at port canaveral and will prob hit a headboat here and there.

Suppressed

MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2023
    Maryland
    I was out yesterday near Bloody Point and found a huge school of Stripers. I caught 22 fish from the low to mid 20 inch range. No pictures because it was cold and wet and I knew my phone would be a pain to use.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Great day on the water today. Lots of fish. And lots of big crappie. Nanticoke River. Biggest crappie was 14". And most over 11".

imagejpeg_1.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    It was a nice day yesterday, wind and temp wise for December. Visibility was absolutely terrible with the fog at points throughout the day. We managed to catch one scoolie 20.5". He was a football and fought like he was bigger than he was.

There was some crazy sob riding a jetski.
    04221b1974a715b7543c5777e08e58b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    too busy with work and other shit at the moment. Also need to figure out a mount to add a helix 10 and then mount it and the 360

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Our farm pond finally got filled back up after the lack of rain this year so I tried my luck yesterday and caught a nice bass yesterday on Christmas Eve!!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Attachments

• 20231224_143819.jpeg
      20231224_143819.jpeg
      397.5 KB · Views: 54

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    My neighbor invited me out with him yesterday for some Rock fishing. Of course I couldn't make it and he had a great day. He sent me a picture of a 46" Rock he got. The big migratory rock are up in the bay now and the fishing is hot....

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    My neighbor invited me out with him yesterday for some Rock fishing. Of course I couldn't make it and he had a great day. He sent me a picture of a 46" Rock he got. The big migratory rock are up in the bay now and the fishing is hot....

It is indeed. Won’t be able to get out to them this year sadly. Was out near the mouth of the Potomac three weeks ago but only managed one keeper.
    I’ve seen some pics of several 40”+ rocks lately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Went fishing on the Nanticoke River today. Water temp was 52. Water clarity was poor due to all the rain yesterday. The bite was tough because there are currently a trillion shad heading up river for some reason. Same thing happened to us this time last year. I really don't know why they are there. Thought they spawned in the spring. We did manage to catch some nice bass but not a lot. And only 1 crappie. No perch or Pickerel. We also saw lots of Bald Eagles which was very cool. They are doing very well over there.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Question for you pro fisherman. Looking for a fish finder for a kayak. Id like to stay with Lowrance since it should integrate with the motorguide trolling motor.

2 d sonar is a given. How many of you use side scan and live scope? Worth the money?

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Question for you pro fisherman. Looking for a fish finder for a kayak. Id like to stay with Lowrance since it should integrate with the motorguide trolling motor.

2 d sonar is a given. How many of you use side scan and live scope? Worth the money?
    Sorry I don't really know to much about fishing from a kayak. I do know a lot of today's finders are pretty large and with that said I don't think they would be a good option for a kayak. Maybe a pro kayak fisherman can give you some good advice.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Sorry I don't really know to much about fishing from a kayak. I do know a lot of today's finders are pretty large and with that said I don't think they would be a good option for a kayak. Maybe a pro kayak fisherman can give you some good advice.
    I should be able to handle the 3 in 1 transducer on the kayak. Livescan will have to be a manual arm that i would have to move around off the side of the kayak. More wondering if seems worth it?

This is what I was looking at.

Here is the mount for a kayak.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I should be able to handle the 3 in 1 transducer on the kayak. Livescan will have to be a manual arm that i would have to move around off the side of the kayak. More wondering if seems worth it?

This is what I was looking at.

Here is the mount for a kayak.

Only you will know if it is worth it or not. Where you fish and how often will be a factor. There are a lot of guys using them now and love them. Then there are the old school guys that think there is no place for them. I think I fall somewhere in-between.

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    It’s been a wild bite in the middle bay the last couple weeks. Bunch over 40” on the jig.

Attachments

• IMG_1021.jpeg
      IMG_1021.jpeg
      231.8 KB · Views: 51

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads