• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Tactivolver

Actually, the S&W TR- 8 was a Tactivolver . This is an over the top parody. Kind of the Drag Queen of the firearms world.

Screenshot_20240329-201334_Chrome.jpg

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Holy mother of god that’s one of the ugliest things I’ve ever seen
    Even the price is ugly!
    Reckon Colt figures it can pretty much price their .357s anything it wants. Of course, after an actual nuclear world war, you'd have to trade two Pythons to get one Ruger Security-Six!

Which reminds me, did Colt ever fix that skinny little hand/pawl issue on its new Pythons — the thing that made its earlier guns go out of time just by looking at them cross-eyed?

Years ago, a guy had a brand new Colt Python and a brand new Colt Gold Cup. He offered me either at the same price (about $369). I foolishly bought the Gold Cup, then sold it for nearly $400. Not one of my better deals.

Now I have a brand new Browning High Power someone gave me years ago (a neighbor in Virginia whose husband died). She didn't want any money for them. She just hated guns and wanted them gone. The High Power doesn't have a scratch on it, She also begged me (begged me!) to take a new S&W 669 and a S&W 36 (also looks new) and, you know, I didn't need them, but you know, wanting to be a good neighbor, I hauled them away so she didn't have to look at them.

Now I've grown kind of attached to them. Sigh. Sacrifice... sacrifice...sacrifice. It's all I ever do.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Even the price is ugly!
    Reckon Colt figures it can pretty much price their .357s anything it wants. Of course, after an actual nuclear world war, you'd have to trade two Pythons to get one Ruger Security-Six!

Which reminds me, did Colt ever fix that skinny little hand/pawl issue on its new Pythons — the thing that made its earlier guns go out of time just by looking at them cross-eyed?

Years ago, a guy had a brand new Colt Python and a brand new Colt Gold Cup. He offered me either at the same price (about $369). I foolishly bought the Gold Cup, then sold it for nearly $400. Not one of my better deals.

Now I have a brand new Browning High Power someone gave me years ago (a neighbor in Virginia whose husband died). She didn't want any money for them. She just hated guns and wanted them gone. The High Power doesn't have a scratch on it, She also begged me (begged me!) to take a new S&W 669 and a S&W 36 (also looks new) and, you know, I didn't need them, but you know, wanting to be a good neighbor, I hauled them away so she didn't have to look at them.

Now I've grown kind of attached to them. Sigh. Sacrifice... sacrifice...sacrifice. It's all I ever do.

Thumbs up…several times

I get the impression the new Pythons are tougher relative to the action resilience.

I have a Pythons…I’d opt for the Anaconda…when the list gets short enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom