Who is taking MD to court first over these new laws going into effect? Which organization has the best shot at gaining traction?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Maryland Shall Issue.

No action can be taken until it becomes law, either by Gov. Signing it or letting it become law with no signature

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I'll wait to see if Second Amendment Foundation picks it up. Their track record is very impressive

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IIRC Mark said we can sue as soon as it becomes law, either by the Gov. Signing it or letting it become law by not signing

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    We have a draft complaint ready to go..........
    Go get 'em. It's hard to applaud the work that MSI does on our behalf adequately enough and we all appreciate it.

Folks - if you're not an MSI Member, please go and sign up now! Particularly the new members here just trying to track your W&C permit status, especially if the 2A fight is new to you.

Billyb

MDS Supporter
    Nov 7, 2022
    Towson
    I'll wait to see if Second Amendment Foundation picks it up. Their track record is very impressive
    MSI is ready to go on this and it is not clear if 2AF will be doing anything. I imagine MSI and 2AF are in contact and coordinate their efforts.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    MSI is ready to go on this and it is not clear if 2AF will be doing anything. I imagine MSI and 2AF are in contact and coordinate their efforts.
    the orgs don’t get piles of money. They can each only fight so many battles at once.

MSI only fights for MD, and are blessed to have Mark at the helm, willing to do what is no doubt a shit-ton of legal work for us. MSI should be where our money goes, at this point in time.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    MSI is the best bang for your buck in fighting gun control in Maryland. I'm a member and a contributor. As a member you automatically become a plaintiff in their law suits because they are suing on behalf of their members.

Link to Maryland Shall Issue:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The more members Maryland Shall Issue has the stronger their message becomes. Maryland Shooters has over 30,000 members and if even half the members of MDS would become members of MSI they would have more power and a greater voice in Annapolis.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    The more members Maryland Shall Issue has the stronger their message becomes. Maryland Shooters has over 30,000 members and if even half the members of MDS would become members of MSI they would have more power and a greater voice in Annapolis.
    AMEN!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Best Maryland based Org = MSI

If you're not member , join

Member or not donate to MSI Litigation Fund .

Not a " Joiner " ? Your tinfoil is strong ? At every gun show , and many public events , the MSI Booth has a donation can that accepts anonymous cash . Or mail a money order to the PO Box with a fake return address .

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Not only do you financially help the fight when you join MSI, but it also makes you eligible for an AGC range badge:

Really can't go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom