• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    I have not recieved any email replies since the end of January from the fence sitters or the die hards. I cut back on the emails to those who oppose.
    I guess I may need to start sending one email per day:innocent0
    I also am going to send the house and senate judiciary committee members a snail mail letter on Friday.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    Have rec'd VERY few,after 3 rounds of emails.
    Funny, as my local Delegate has always been VERY responsive in the past.

Starting with snail mail next.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Replying would mean acknowledge of receipt. Don't expect a reply. They'll just keep saying opposition is minimal. Liars.
    This is why many of my snail mail letters have gone out Certified/Return Receipt Requested. My three representatives at the MD State House are solid supporters, but I still either hand-deliver or send via mail rather than sending emails.

This week's mail will be individual letters in support or opposition to the appropriate bills.

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    I've posted this reply at several threads but here goes again. Did you ask for a reply? If not you may not get a reply. If you are looking for a reply from someone outside of your District, you may not get one. These folks tend to keep score sheets for/against and only mail from their District gets a reply (particularly if their incoming volume is large). If you did not get a reply from your District Delegate or Senator, contact their office and request a meeting at the District office face to face. When you get an appointment bring some friends. There are some of these political hacks who make a big effort to duck and cover on "hot" issues. Keep pressing. They want you to give up. If they refuse to see you there are other avenues to persue such as letters to the editor of the local paper calling them out for ignoring the voters. Bottom line is do not stop until you get a reply, a meeting, or whatever you are after.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I sent a wave of emails today. I sent copies of my written testimonies to each Senator/Delegate. I have heard back from about 7 or 8. I also sent special ones to the committee members and my Senator/Delegates telling them of my new voter status. They could care less about pissed off Republicans.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    The responses that I have been receiving have dropped off dramatically. I hope it's due to us overloading their system and beating them into submission.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Early on in my e-mailings, late January, I got replies from close to 2/3 of the entire GA. I sent three addressing single items to the entire, since then I have been concentrating on my specific delegates and senator. Only Frank Turner has replied and we know what he's like.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    My senator finally responded today (Middleton). But only after 4 emails and multiple phone calls. In my last message that I left (no staffer answered the phone) I made sure to tell Senator Middleton that I was disappointed that I had yet to receive a reply and that I was going to continue to call every day until he recognized that I was against an AWB and these related gun control bills. At a minimum he stated that he was against defining assault weapons by cosmetic features. So I guess that's a plus for us.

lasher9999

May 31, 2010
    Jacksonville, md
    I have not recieved any email replies since the end of January from the fence sitters or the die hards. I cut back on the emails to those who oppose.
    I guess I may need to start sending one email per day:innocent0
    I also am going to send the house and senate judiciary committee members a snail mail letter on Friday.

I would suggest increasing emails to opposers and fence sitters. Those are the ones who will feel fear in their hearts at the thought of you voting them out of office!

flying_pig

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2013
    My senator finally responded today (Middleton). But only after 4 emails and multiple phone calls. In my last message that I left (no staffer answered the phone) I made sure to tell Senator Middleton that I was disappointed that I had yet to receive a reply and that I was going to continue to call every day until he recognized that I was against an AWB and these related gun control bills. At a minimum he stated that he was against defining assault weapons by cosmetic features. So I guess that's a plus for us.

I got two replies from Middleton. He is one of the pro 2a but for bans as well. He thinks it is about hunting. We really need to turn the heat up on this guy. Ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mr88

Latest threads

Top Bottom