• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    I have multiple handguns as most of us do but I am lost on where to find training. I am not looking for CCW training or NRA type stuff. I want to get out and run my guns hard to see what my limits are and improve.

I have looked at what the IPs offer and those classes have either passed or are full. So my question is, when you go train who do you use?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Retired military/leo's I'm comfortable with. A few other's as well, some are bullseye shooters, other's are more practical style shooters.

I figure if I shoot with enough people of varying styles, I should come out decently well-rounded.

Only a handful shoot past standard engagement ranges, so I either have to go it alone, or try to catch up with someone like SCARCQB when I want to stretch it out some (50 yards and beyond).

dpmd

Apr 2, 2010
    Montgomery County
    If you're willing to drive about four hours, Pat Goodale (PFT) is in WV. Also, top names like Larry Vickers, Jason Falla and Ken Hackathorn hold classes as close as Pittsburgh (about 3 hrs). Todd Green is closer if you consider Culpeper, VA local.

I've been wanting to train with Tom Perroni and CCJA (industry partner), but my schedule hasn't cooperated yet.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I have multiple handguns as most of us do but I am lost on where to find training. I am not looking for CCW training or NRA type stuff. I want to get out and run my guns hard to see what my limits are and improve.

I have looked at what the IPs offer and those classes have either passed or are full. So my question is, when you go train who do you use?

I'm really looking forward to AJ's Combat Pistol course. Should be a lot of fun.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    I try to shoot every match that my work schedule will allow.
    More experience then training...but have learned alot about my equipment and have had many tips from some great shooters from all backgrounds.
    Speed steel, 2-gun speed steel, 3-stage falling steel, IDPA, IPSC, Bullseye, Trap/Skeet.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I train with guys from our SWAT team....they are trainer and host SWAT Schools, these guys are pretty good!!

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom