• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Here is a strange either or for you guys.
    Which would you feel more comfortable in your house with if you had to defend yourself quickly.. No safe room and wait for police and no what you have please. Here are the 2 to pick from. Please just pick one. I am very proficient with either one.
    45 cal Hi point carbine or Russian Makarov.
    I have other goodies to guard my bedroom and kitchen just nothing right now if someone kicked in the front door. Thanks for your opinions

I don't know how many rounds the .45 Hi-Point's got, but I'd go with whichever has more rounds on tap. Under stress, your aim's gonna suffer, which increases the likelihood of misses. More bullets = greater hit potential.

Jul 1, 2012
    Stock .45 mags are only 9 rounds, aftermarket has larger (15 I think) but from reports they aren't as reliable (and they might void the warranty too IIRC).
    I have one of these and for an ugly, heavy carbine it actually points and shoots very comfortably :)
    I'd choose it over the Mak, but not going to carry it around the house all the time.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That would work.

My doggie isn't very big, but what he lacks in sheer size and intimidating looks he makes up for with impressive vocal cords...:lol2:

I've got an 85 lb dog who would just lick an burglar to death. Chocolate Labs aren't exactly your best watch dogs or a dog that will prevent a burglar from entering the house.

But they don't know what dog is inside when they see the large water bowl at the back door. If they get past that, my dog isn't going to do anything but walk up to them and ask to be petted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom