• Without FSP?

Votes: 34 68.0%

• Total voters

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    FSB is a hold over from a past era. If you want sights, add folding sights so you don't have to mount your primary optic high.
    My Colt le6920 has the FSP. I actually like it. It does not interfere with my Aimpoint PRO. And, I like the ease of sighting in my red dot, with absolute co-witness. Simply put the dot on the site post, and done. But thanks! I ended up going with a BCM upper with it. I've always loved the commando look. I did chose an M-loc front hand guard, in case I want the vertical grip. I never tacti-cool my rails anyway. I like a lightweight rifle. Plus, If I ever decide that I absolutely want it with a free-float handguard, I can always, either cut the post off, just above the gas inlet, or completely remove, in favor of a low profile gas block.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    FSB is a hold over from a past era. If you want sights, add folding sights so you don't have to mount your primary optic high.
    I have a FSP and red dot on my go-to AR. I don’t have high mount. I keep both eyes open. No problem at all.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Speaking of sights, I have a Primary Arms ACSS cyclops coming. I have the 9mm (Gemini) version, on my car-9 upper, and really like it!!! I have an astigmatism, so being able to sharpen up the sight picture is a huge plus. Something I wish my 2 Romeo 5’s have.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Speaking of sights, I have a Primary Arms ACSS cyclops coming. I have the 9mm (Gemini) version, on my car-9 upper, and really like it!!! I have an astigmatism, so being able to sharpen up the sight picture is a huge plus. Something I wish my 2 Romeo 5’s have.
    PA has a bunch of cool optics. I like their etched reticle prism scopes. They now have these compact 1X and 3X prism scopes that are small and light. I don't know how they do it.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    OP I think you were smart to go with a MILSPEC lower on your 9mm with a magwell insert. That way if you ever decide to do something else with that lower you can.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    PA has a bunch of cool optics. I like their etched reticle prism scopes. They now have these compact 1X and 3X prism scopes that are small and light. I don't know how they do it.
    I agree! That’s the one I got. The 1x gen II Cyclops, for 5.56/.308
    OP I think you were smart to go with a MILSPEC lower on your 9mm with a magwell insert. That way if you ever decide to do something else with that lower you can.
    Thank you sir! The Stern insert, I used, has last round hold open as well. More expensive, but, worth it

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Haven’t put the BCM charging handle, rear sight, red dot or muzzle break on yet, but… Beautiful quality!!! Perfect match, with no wobble.
    image.jpg
    IMG_2133.jpeg
    IMG_2141.jpeg

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks! Now I need a can for the 5.56’s… I’m thinking Alaskan360…:gun1: Though, it might be a while before the Mrs. lets me spend anything again.:sad53:
    I've got a 5.56 can, but I also use my .30 cal can on some of my 5.56 guns. My 7.62 can has zero poi shift in every gun I use it on.

300aac.jpg
    home page.png

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I have the Radiant 762 and it works well.
    I was looking at the Surge, but thought it was a little too heavy, at about 17.5lbs. The reason I like the Alaskan, is because a.) it’s light b.) it’s extremely versatile c.) it seems to really quiet almost everything down and d.) I can use it as a 9mm can. If it can suppress a 5.56 down to 130dbs, I’d call that a win. I do like Rugged’s unlimited lifetime warranty, too. I missed out on the free tax stamp special, the silencershop was running, a couple of weeks ago.
    I've got a 5.56 can, but I also use my .30 cal can on some of my 5.56 guns. My 7.62 can has zero poi shift in every gun I use it on.

View attachment 411706 View attachment 411707
    What cans do you have? I do like Griffin, as well. One of theirs would be my second choice would be my second choice. Especially the micro 22lr they have, which can handle a 5.56. I’m definitely NOT done with suppressors. I really want a Mask, as well.

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I was looking at the Surge, but thought it was a little too heavy, at about 17.5lbs. The reason I like the Alaskan, is because a.) it’s light b.) it’s extremely versatile c.) it seems to really quiet almost everything down and d.) I can use it as a 9mm can. If it can suppress a 5.56 down to 130dbs, I’d call that a win. I do like Rugged’s unlimited lifetime warranty, too. I missed out on the free tax stamp special, the silencershop was running, a couple of weeks ago.
    My 5.56 can(not shown) is the first gen Surefire SOCOM556. They are built like tanks.

My .30 ca. can is the YHM Phantom 762 LA(light aggressive). These cans were amazing. Unfortunately, they are no longer made. Look at their Resonators. Solid cans at an affordable price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom